Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I am reposting this video, it's been on FB before, and it's quite graphic, but it is a stark reminder and a wake up call for those who are still texting and driving. I was coming home today from Square One, at 6:00, in the middle of rush hour, and I was riding on the Go Bus on the 407, as we were driving along the highway, I was looking out the window and being that the bus is higher than all the cars, I could see into each and everyone's cars as they drove along, I counted 4 people who were texting and driving, diving along the highway, some with their phones down between their legs, and looking down, eyes not on the road, travelling at speeds of 100 to 120 K an hour. All it would take is 1, 2, maybe 3 seconds and things could be so different. Instead of being on their way home from school, the mall or work, instead of seeing their loved ones at he end of the day, they could be badly hurt, dead, or seriously hurt someone else or someone else's family and change their lives forever. It's not worth that one last message, or that one last ttyl, lol, smiley picture, or selfie. There's nothing that can't wait for half an hour or for when you're not driving and can answer that message when it's safe. Please don't text and drive, concentrate on the road, be focused on your driving, and you will save your life or somebody else's life and be able to answer the messages from your friends and loved ones. It's not worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/vikinggirl/posts/10202809649830929

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
everyone thinks it will not happen to them..... SMH

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I edited your post and used the direct youtube video link so it can be seen now- but man oh man :(

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Lisa, it's a ppowerful message and horrible to watch, but if it saves even one persons life, or makes one person think twice about texting or talking and driving, then it's worth watching. I couldn't believe the number of people who were texting while driving on the highway yesterday on my way home, and that was just in the 1/2 hour I was on the bus. Their eyes were looking down at their phones, and not on the road at all. Scary.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.