Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Future Plans

I kind of alluded to something in another post so I might as well bring it out here. My kids are getting older with my son just turning 20 and my daughter heading off to college in the fall of 2016 so the wife and i started talking about what we want to do with our technical "empty nest". We both love to travel, but with my wife disability it makes it difficult to fly to the places we want to see due to her not being able to sit for long periods so we had to come up with something else. So we started thinking about her love for cooking and my love for making great BBQ and what we could do with that. What we finally came up with is something that i am totally surprised that my wife agreed to but hey I am not going to knock it.

So, what we decided is that after the first of the year I would look for an old 1940's/1950's pickup that we could restore together with my wife choosing the colors inside and out and me dealing with all of the technical and mechanical and restoration work. I am in luck with this as I have several friends that have all the tools and shop space that I would need to take on something like this. Knowing that i would have OCD restoring this thing i know it will take me about 2 years to get it the way I would want it, so about mid way through I would also begin working with a metal fabrication company to begin building a matching 16' trailer BBQ pit, and once everything was completed we would start hitting the regional BBQ competitions in Texas with the goal of hitting Memphis in May for the World Championships and then once we retire for good we would hit the BBQ road with Harlea and enjoy life.

Doing this is something i have always dreamed of and one way or another it is going to happen.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Future Plans

Holy WOW that sounds AWESOME!!! Of course I'm SUPER jealous that you will have an empty nest soon… LMAO!!! If/when you come to Memphis you NEED to let me know, we will totally drive up there to have another EBN reunion… did I forget to mention that I LOVE BBQ!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well you can come to Maryland and bring your bbq trailer. My Aggie neighbor was lucky and got to visit home (Houston) and had BBQ and rubbed it in.

That is a great vision and I wish you luck. Did you think about one of those touring RV's? My Uncle and Aunt (Yoakum, Tx) have one and there on the road alot to new Mexico for the Hatch Pepper fest and the Hot Air Balloons...to N.C and they even stopped in to Maryland and stayed at the RV park on Ft. Meade after the trip the Maine and the east coast routes.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

What an amazing plan!!! Sounds like a fabulous way to enjoy life! If you go to memphis, we will drive down with the bullies and sample some of your BBQ.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Holy WOW that sounds AWESOME!!! Of course I'm SUPER jealous that you will have an empty nest soon… LMAO!!! If/when you come to Memphis you NEED to let me know, we will totally drive up there to have another EBN reunion… did I forget to mention that I LOVE BBQ!!! Lol
    You know we visit Jackson, TN every other year to see my wife's parents. It isn't that far from you.

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Well you can come to Maryland and bring your bbq trailer. My Aggie neighbor was lucky and got to visit home (Houston) and had BBQ and rubbed it in.

That is a great vision and I wish you luck. Did you think about one of those touring RV's? My Uncle and Aunt (Yoakum, Tx) have one and there on the road alot to new Mexico for the Hatch Pepper fest and the Hot Air Balloons...to N.C and they even stopped in to Maryland and stayed at the RV park on Ft. Meade after the trip the Maine and the east coast routes.
    We thought about a nice class A RV but several of my friends have them and they are nothing but money pits. Plus I couldn't afford one with everything i would want.

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    What an amazing plan!!! Sounds like a fabulous way to enjoy life! If you go to memphis, we will drive down with the bullies and sample some of your BBQ.
    Thank you. When we do make it to Memphis in May i will be sure to let everyone know. We are planning on going next year, but just for fun and not to compete. We just want to hit our old stomping grounds and the places we met and had our first date and such. lol

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I can't believe you are just NOW telling me you come to Jackson!!! Lol I have NO idea if that's close to me…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

What a great goal!! You have the time of your life. Good for you.
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I can't believe you are just NOW telling me you come to Jackson!!! Lol I have NO idea if that's close to me…
    It is almost halfway between Memphis and Nashville. About 120 miles from Clarksville.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations!! Bring on the BBQ, only one thing.....you have to make a trip through Arizona and let me know when you are here so I too can taste the BBQ. Memphis is just a little too far but I go to Texas often too so I would be willing to go there too. Again, congratulations!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

awesome plans... best of luck pulling it all together --- love to see the pictures are you work on the pick-up!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Hey, I'm coming to Memphis, too. @ddnene and I can meet in Nashville and hit the road! @Marine91 We can have a Bullie and BBQ meetup!! (BBQ on the house.....heh,heh!)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone. I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. In the brief search I have done so far I may be better off buying a partially restored one as some of the prices for ones needing restoration are a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads