For those of you that pray...

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Kelly, I too have just read this and my heart is sad for you. I know how you feel and what you are going through. I also have a son, 21, that has been in and out of drugs and trouble. He hit rock bottom when he started hullicinating at home (from drugs obviously) and i freaked out. Never in my life have i seen something like that. He talked to his hairbrush like it was his phone and on the way to rehab 6 hours away he thought he was smoking a "joint" and when he passed it to me (not really doing this) I lost it and jumped into the back seat and just about beat the crap out of him. We have spent so much $ on rehab clinics (3 at minimum $800 per night and stay is 14 - 45 days). It is incredible. We have been thru heck with him and finally we had to cut it off and we did and that was very hard. We are in a better place now. He is living with us and although he does not have a job (which is an issue for me) he is in school and doing a million times better and honestly I did not see that 1 year ago so your son can overcome this. Michael cut off all ties to his old life and on a different track right now but more importantly he wanted to do that. It was so sad to see him in that state because he did not look like my michael. Now he does and it has been a blessing but each day is a challenge for him and will be for a while. Keep your chin up. I know that is hard to do. It was very hard for us to get up and go on with our every day life but we also have a 5 year old daughter, who worships the ground michael walks on, so we had to do it for her. I think too he also wanted to do good for her. I remember so many times watching him cry as he watched her.

I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Don't think you are in the boat alone because your not...we are all with you. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sorry to hear that you and your son are struggling, Kelly. Please know that we're all here for you. I don't have first hand experience, but I have had friends who had such a bright future, but instead chose the wrong path. It was very difficult to watch, so I can't imagine how it is for you. Hugs from Stiggy and I to you and your hubby, and also your son.

L

Lucy-licious

I've sat reading this trying not to cry cos i know ur pain and how hard u are finding it at the moment,
My eldest son Andrew is 21 he is also an addict, he has stolen, lied and cheated us to get whet he needs to get through the day. Last november he sunk lower than i ever thougt and stole a diamond necklace my husband had bought me the year i graduated. That for me was the last straw i didnt even tell him to pack as i had before i just opened the door and told him to go. There is not a day passes that i do not regret my decision but I must stay stronge.
Andrew is a man and can make adult decisions about his life. There is only him who can come back from this, no amount of begging and pleading on my part will make that day come sooner, all it will do is keep him down and help him carry on.
I have a younger son who needs me to be there for him and i do not want Andrew to influence him i any way, that may sound heartless because Andrew is my son too but he must hit the bottom and make the decision to stop himself, when he does I will be there to hold his hand every step of the way, for now i must step back and tread the toughest road of watching my beautiful baby boy destroy himself and hope he finds he rigt way soon
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] stay stronge and big hugs from me and mine xxxxx

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION], I know all to well and feel your pain. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I am in counceling for my own personal grief and guilt, it does help, but I still sit and cry my eyes out almost every day.
Angie if you ever need to talk let me know, I have been dealing with this for almost 3 years now. I know how you feel, you know how I feel, people can sympathize and try to understand, but from one mother of an addict to another, only we know the pain in our hearts. ANY time you need to talk let me know. :hug:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i am so sorry kelly.. that is a hard drug to get off he just needs your strength and love to get through this. i know im being very blunt but have worked with this kind for to long and my ex was a very bad alcoholic. the only way for them to stop is they have to be willing to find the help. whatever you do do not blame your self for this this is something that he decided to try that one time... just keep doing what you are doing send him your love show support but no money or let him into your house till he is clean... maybe he needs to go to therapy?? wonder if he would...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I just saw this too and my love goes to you, Brandon and your family.

There is nothing you can do now .. it's out of your hands. Brandon has to reach a low enough depth to make him want to not go any deeper, and this is something that you nor anybody else can help him with. Brandon's own personal bottom/low is only known to him, and he has to get there all on his own. Some choose not to come back from the lowest of the low, and they choose to stay there and that is something you must also face now and accept as a possibility. Not every addict recovers, some addicts choose to live their lives as addicts. I really do hope that Brandon is not one of those, and he is SO young that time is on his side.

My step-dad was an alcoholic, he caused us to lose our home and we had to live in a caravan (not sure what the equivalent is over here) for quite a while in somebodys backyard before the government gave us subsidized housing. He has apparently been diagnosed a cyclical alcoholic by some doctor (this is what my Mum tells me but she is an enabler - she'd rather have him drunk than not at all). So every now and again he is apparently destined to fall off the wagon??!!??). I just think that he has never quite reached the bottom, and just before he does my mother has helped pick himself back up again. They need to hit that rock hard bottom to ever truly give up. But that is my own personal opinion of my situation.

Kelly, you did the best you could, you were a good Mum who guided him in all the right directions, but ultimately we all cut the "umbilical cord" and let them wander off to make their own lives because we have to. He had made bad choices, but that's not your fault. I truly hope and pray that very soon he will hit his all-time low, the low that he acknowledges to be the worst that life could ever be and enough to make him truly want to be saved. An odd prayer I know .. but it's going to be the only way you'll ever get your son back.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family

I grew up in some bad parts of town where alcoholics and drug addicts were the norm, not a day passed that id find a needle on the sidewalk let alone saw several friends of my mom od this stuff, i never understood it and maybe became jaded from seeing it most of my childhood but i know its tough to be there for someone you love and they continue to make the wrong choices. Maybe this will be his final time he says he needs help and stays clean for sure...i have dealt with the alternative and its not something i wish for anyone, just remember that you have to live your life as well and as much as itll hurt to say no its better than not living your life and having your happiness...God Bless

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.