brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Tracey, I pray it's just age slowing her down a bit. Try to enjoy your vacation in the meantime.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ah crap, I forgot about the Adequan shots.... She is not on any other meds with it? I'll have to check the files, but I think both of my guys were on Deramaxx too, for at least a period of time with the shot

She's not on anything else except the NuJoint & NuVet supplements. The shots seemed to work at first, but not now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It is probably just getting older. Have the vet check her out as he may need to adjust her meds. My boxer Remi used to love playing non stop and then at about 10 years old he started to slow down a little more each year until he went over the bridge at the the old man age of 13. I miss the little bugger.

10 is old for a boxer, and 13 is unheard of. I had a senior blood panel done on her a year ago, so I'm not sure what's going on...

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Hang in there Tracey. I am hoping for the best for the both of you.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray:Praying that Roxie will feel better. Ten years old is getting up there for a bigger dog. Take it from a human senior-we just don't have the energy, or the ambition like we used to! And don't be surprised if she is just missing her Mommy. The older we get-the more we miss our Moms-even when they are passed....
Enjoy your vacation-you know she is in the second best place to be,after with you...:yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's not on anything else except the NuJoint & NuVet supplements. The shots seemed to work at first, but not now...

I noticed that when Banks was on them... which is why I stopped. She was so stressed getting the shot from me, it just did not seem worth it. We went off the shots and on to Gabapetin with Deramaxx and Tramadol with the laser therapy. I am probably paying more, but it really works for her, as you saw in her b-day videos.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I noticed that when Banks was on them... which is why I stopped. She was so stressed getting the shot from me, it just did not seem worth it. We went off the shots and on to Gabapetin with Deramaxx and Tramadol with the laser therapy. I am probably paying more, but it really works for her, as you saw in her b-day videos.

I'm bummed... At first the shots seem to really work, now I'm not convinced. We may have to do another x-ray too. I know she has a neck spur & she favors her left hip. I don't care about the cost, I just want her to be somewhat comfortable. I'm just sad... Really sad...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:pray:Praying that Roxie will feel better. Ten years old is getting up there for a bigger dog. Take it from a human senior-we just don't have the energy, or the ambition like we used to! And don't be surprised if she is just missing her Mommy. The older we get-the more we miss our Moms-even when they are passed....
Enjoy your vacation-you know she is in the second best place to be,after with you...:yes:

I know she's getting older, just seems the last couple of weeks have been really bad. I'm wondering if the weather change is hurting her too...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm bummed... At first the shots seem to really work, now I'm not convinced. We may have to do another x-ray too. I know she has a neck spur & she favors her left hip. I don't care about the cost, I just want her to be somewhat comfortable. I'm just sad... Really sad...

I hear ya and can relate. I do I hope I told you all that before, if not sorry as I would hope I gave you that info as some insight. When you get back talk to your vet about the laser therapy... we really see a difference in Banks when she is due to go. about two days before she is to go she slows a bit and is not as playful i take her once a month and sometimes twice (winter). In the beginning, you think it is not working or making a difference then about a month into it (lots of short sessions for the first month), you see some improvement. Now, Banks has been going for about 2 yrs so we really see a difference if i am late getting her there or we miss a session (rare)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hear ya and can relate. I do I hope I told you all that before, if not sorry as I would hope I gave you that info as some insight. When you get back talk to your vet about the laser therapy... we really see a difference in Banks when she is due to go. about two days before she is to go she slows a bit and is not as playful i take her once a month and sometimes twice (winter). In the beginning, you think it is not working or making a difference then about a month into it (lots of short sessions for the first month), you see some improvement. Now, Banks has been going for about 2 yrs so we really see a difference if i am late getting her there or we miss a session (rare)

I will definitely talk to her about the laser therapy, I'm just not sure if they offer it. You had told me about it, but I wanted to give the Adequan a chance to work.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will definitely talk to her about the laser therapy, I'm just not sure if they offer it. You had told me about it, but I wanted to give the Adequan a chance to work.

There are two vets that offer it in Clarksville (that is where you are right) .... All God's Creatures and Gateway Animal care

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
There are two vets that offer it in Clarksville (that is where you are right) .... All God's Creatures and Gateway Animal care

Yes that is where we are, and I know where All God's Creatures is located. Do they use it anywhere there is pain?!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes that is where we are, and I know where All God's Creatures is located. Do they use it anywhere there is pain?!!

yes, Banks has her entire back done (spine) and both hips. There are also some place in Nashville that have it too. Talk with your vet and see if she knows of it and will recommend one of the places near you

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes, Banks has her entire back done (spine) and both hips. There are also some place in Nashville that have it too. Talk with your vet and see if she knows of it and will recommend one of the places near you

I will... Thanks for getting the info for me Christine. Internet here is spotty in the hotel.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.