Rochester? Closest I can get to that is every other weekend in Utica, NY for 6 months. That was boring.
Originally Posted by Marine91
You Know You're From Rochester, NY When...
- The only thing at the annual May Lilac Festival is snow.
- The worst four-letter word you could say is "Fuji". (Rochester has Kodak)
- You thought that you had figured out that alternate-parking thing, but wind up with a ticket anyway. (during winter you must park on alternating sides of the street to facilitate plowing)
- Toronto is about 70 miles away, but it takes four hours to get there. (You have to deal with a lake (Ontario))
- There's an 800 number to report a pothole in the road.
- In a city where it snows at least 90 inches a year, they build a new sports stadium with no roof on it.
- A musical comes to town 10 years after its Broadway premier and the entire town goes nuts!
- You awaken from a deep sleep, look at the clock and see that it's 6:00, but you have no idea whether it's AM or PM.
- More than 18 inches of snow falls overnight, but you never thought of NOT going to work. (Or school)
- You are perplexed when friends from other cities come to visit and want to "see the sights".
- There are places at the poles that seem to get more sunlight during the winter months than we do.
- You define summer as three months of bad sledding.
- Half the change in your pocket is Canadian, eh.
- You believe that "down south" means Maryland.
Submitted by Kenneth, Shropshire, England