Spider, gigantic spider

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I am terrified of spiders. I can barely stomach small ones. Big as a nickle and I flip out. I was picking up some things I'd left out and had this bag for vac attachments in my arms. I repeat.. IN MY ARMS!! It's a flat bag that hangs and I pulled the Velcro apart to hang the stupid thing up and there was a HUGE spider in the thing. It was so freaking big I didn't even consider it to be a spider. I thought it was part of the bag. When I finally figured it out I screamed like a retard and yelled for my son. As I was Screaming and crying, he knew the drill, kill spider time. Then he sees the King Kong thing and says he doesn't even know what to do. So I give him a freaking bowl to put on it and he asks for a bigger one! I'm talking mixing bowls here!! It took a med size mixing bowl for him to want to put on it. It's the size of a baseball at least. Looks like a damn tarantula. So now I'm hiding on the couch and there is a flippin spider under a mixing bowl in my house. My husband wants to see it before we kill it. I'm thinking, if we know how to kill it, it'd be dead! What do I do to keep spiders out? I'm not going to be able to handle this. I'm freaked out. I can't take it. Exterminators don't kill spiders any more. They kill other bugs and spiders are supposed to go away. What a joke. Someone please help me before I loose my mind!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I'm sorry if you're freaking out. I don't like spiders myself but why don't you guys just set the little thing loose? far away from your house? :unsure:

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Um, no. No no no. I don't kill them if they're outside, only in the house. Maybe I should change that plan. I can't take it. It's a fobia type fear. It's unbearable.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
With my family it's the male members that are really scared of spiders. My mom would kill the spiders for my dad (if they catch it) and i dunno who kills the spiders for my brother. One time my brother had to sterp on the brakes while driving because a spider crawled on the windshield and that was outside of the car! :D. Can't someone bring the spider outside and set her loose far away from your house? She means no harm you know ;) As i said i don't like spiders but i can't bear to kill them either :(.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think peppermint plants keep spiders away. I am like you, I hate them and as long as they stay outside i do not bother them... enter my home and you are dead, all bugs - die when they enter my home.

I kill something this big... i have no idea, but to stomp it. Maybe find a way to just throw it outside... trap it in the bowl?? :blink:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lift the bowl a little and spray hair spray, or 409 or Carburator cleaner at him. Quick put the down back over it. I guess you have done something by now. I hate spiders more than anything. I can't even look at pictures of them!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm getting peppermint plant tomorrow if I can find it. I like the idea of spraying something in the bowl after its trapped. Great idea. I panic and then don't know what to do. My husband put it in a jar and took it to work. He said it was really odd to be that big. It was too big for a quart mason jar so I gave him a gallon jar of that gives you an idea of its size. It was a wolf spider. Apparently they don't usually come in the house. Lucky me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm getting peppermint plant tomorrow if I can find it. I like the idea of spraying something in the bowl after its trapped. Great idea. I panic and then don't know what to do. My husband put it in a jar and took it to work. He said it was really odd to be that big. It was too big for a quart mason jar so I gave him a gallon jar of that gives you an idea of its size. It was a wolf spider. Apparently they don't usually come in the house. Lucky me.

OMG.... I would have pissed my pants!!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG.... I would have pissed my pants!!

I was screaming, and the F word was flying! My son is 19, he's been my spider killer since he was 5. When it was all done I started crying. He sat with me after because I was so terrified!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hate spiders too! Don't watch the movie "Enemy", ewwww I was so freaked out and had creepy crawlies for hours afterwards.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I watched the movie arachnophobia when I was like15 maybe and I still can't close my eyes in the shower!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I hate spiders too, I would have crapped my pants seeing one that big, then my floor would have been ruined because I would have gotten the shotgun out. :)

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
image.jpg
I hate spiders too, I would have crapped my pants seeing one that big, then my floor would have been ruined because I would have gotten the shotgun out. :)

That seriously made me laugh. Mostly because I'm glad im not the only one to think of these things.

This is a pic of the nasty monster!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would be dead on the floor from cardiac arrest if that thing was on me! I have an irrational fear of spiders.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.