Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I scored 2 raincoats, and 2 Fleecy sweaters for Dozer and Blossom today at PetValu, they were on Clearance, and I got all 4 coats for $24.00. They are also having a Rescue this weekend, and are trimming nails with the money going to the Humane Society. I was also able to lots of Fruitables Snacks, as they are buy one get one free this weekend as well. All in all a good day for savings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 129

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great timing!!! Guess I am going to PetValu, I need Fruitables

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Wow Monica! Great haul for the kids-what a deal!!:yes:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Those are very nice xx

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Score!!! Can't wait to see them in their new duds!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I will post some pics of them in their new coats, but I'm not home right now, I had to come to my moms house , as she is looking after my little nephew for the weekend, and my step father is going through treatment for bladder cancer, and is having complications from bleeding from the bladder, and had to go to the Emergency yesterday. My mom asked me to come in case he had to go back during the night, so I could stay with my nephew. He didn't have to go back, but I'm going to stay here one more night just to help her out. My nephew Eric is only 2 and 1/2 and my mom is 73, so he's a bit of a handful for her.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I scored 2 raincoats, and 2 Fleecy sweaters for Dozer and Blossom today at PetValu, they were on Clearance, and I got all 4 coats for $24.00. They are also having a Rescue this weekend, and are trimming nails with the money going to the Humane Society. I was also able to lots of Fruitables Snacks, as they are buy one get one free this weekend as well. All in all a good day for savings.

Thrifty you are. Yes it is pretty tough to find things that fit. Sorry to hear that your step-father is ill. I hope all goes well.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you Roger. It's hard because he was newly diagnosed with bladder cancer, he had surgery last month to remove the mass that they found, and it was good news that they were able to remove all of it, and it was limited to just the bladder, it had not spread beyond the bladder wall, but he still needs treatment to remove the cancer cells that are in the bladder. This type of cancer does not respond to chemo, they use a therapy using the Tuberculosis virus. They place a bag of the virus into the bladder through a catheter, and you have to hold this n your bladder for as long as you can, preferably 2 hours. You have to do this treatment for 6 weeks, and then they rescan the bladder to see if all the cells have been killed. This treatment works by kicking your immune system into overdrive to kill the cancer. This cancer is a slow progressing cancer, but it is also one that can keep coming back, and then you do the treatment again to keep it at bay. The problem is, is that my step father only got 5 treatments, and when he went for his last one last week, he was told that they don't have any of the virus treatment left, there is a world wide shortage, and only 2 manufacturers who make this serum. They don't think they will have any until mid 2015. The first treatment is only 40% effective at getting all the cancer, so if the tests show they aren't all gone, there is no medication to do a second treatment. On top of it, he's now bleeding from his bladder, and he can't get into the surgeons office because he's too booked up. He's had to go to emergency twice, and he has a follow up with the doctor at the end of the month.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
That's unbelievable to think there are medical remedies made scarce just to drive up the cost. That sucks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.