I just got served breakfast in bed!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I had a very mild case of polio when I was very little, and so now I have severe ostio arthritis. Yesterday I did something, just twisted wrong while walking, basically, and tore something in the back of my knee. We have no medical coverage, so my only option is to stay in bed, alternate ice and heat, take pain meds. and hope it heals soon. I'm getting WONDERFUL care from Hubbie, who just brought me coffee, an omelet and bacon. In addition to taking care of Arrow, Gertie and Ida for me. How's that for A-1 bedside manner? :luv:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sounds like a keeper to me! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Thanks everyone. I am so lucky this didn't happen while he was in Denver all last month and I was home all alone! He just brought me up a bowl of homemade Clam Chowder for dinner. This-afternoon he brought Ida up to visit with me for a while, and then later on he brought Gertie up. They were both very wild and ran all over the bed and tried to get off the bed, but it's really high off the floor, so thank goodness they didn't try jumping off. They aren't allowed on the furniture and they sleep in their crates, so this was all new to them.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sometimes I wish I can be sick enough to lay in bed, but then I wake up from my daydream and remember I am the only one here to do everything!

Sounds like you have a wonderful hubby, I am hungry thinking about the omlet and the Clam Chower. What a sweetie.

I sure hope you heal soon. Being without medical coverage is awful. Is there much they could do (besides prescribe you some awesome pain meds) that you don't already know how to deal with?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
sounds like you got a keeper on your hands :luv:. hope you get better soon

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Ahh Im sorry to hear about you not feeling good... But hey getting spoiled sounds nice too lol... I sometimes get breakfast in bed but its far and few between.. Usually hubby and I cook breakfast together (when hes home).. I hope you get to feeling better soon.. take care of your self...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope you get better real soon. (hug)

It sounds like you trained him right! LOL ;) Good job!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.