My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I have a Horrible neighbor that let his Pit Bull die, this Dog was kept outside all year round on a rope in the mud, We feed him a lot and gave him fresh water, during the really hot summer months this Precious Dog had no water, we were always filling up his bowl with water. About 6 month ago this Pit Bull, his name was Shelby was throwing up a lot for several days, I told this Idiot he needed to go to the Vet Now, this man said his wife was taking him first thing Monday morning, this was on a Friday, she never took him to the Vet, Shelby passed away a week ago, I cried a lot over this, this Precious Soul could have been saved. I would have taken Shelby to the Doctor, But this man said his wife would do it. They killed their Dog, they let Shelby die, he was only 7 years young. Now they have another dog a girl, Charlotte is her name, who is on a rope in the mud like Shelby was. We want to take her to the Vet to be spayed, and have all of her shots done, We cannot get in touch with these people, we have left notes on the door and knocked on their door several times, they are at home we hear them, they have 8 children. I do not know what to do, I do not want this Baby to go into heat and have a lot of unwanted puppies, that will suffer by these Horrible People, she is a Puppy, about 3 or 4 months young. I wanted to save Shelby, but I failed. I thought many times to just go over and take Shelby away from these neighbors, they know we have 8 dogs of our own, if we took Shelby or now there new puppy, they would know who took them, they know how much I Love Animals, I am scared that these Idiots would try and poison my dogs. Help, I Need Advise, What Do I Do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Call animal control and see what their advice is... make sure you do not get yourself in trouble with breaking a law. My guess is all you can do is report them to the cops or animal control.

why have a pet, if this is how you are going to treat it... I have no comprehension of this behavior

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor dogs. Are there regulations where you live as to how many hours a day a dog can be kept on a rope like that? I would contact either the authorities or some animal welfare organisation for advice on how to deal with this case of animal neglect.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Susan, I hear your compassion and absolute sense of urgency and concern for this. It's horribly sad. My first thought also was to contact your Animal Control. I don't know what action they will take but at least they can assess what's going on. Many of us here have also come across such cases of obvious neglect and sadly, sometimes the animal control folks do not do a freakin' thing. It might be different in this case however. But like Christine said, don't do anything that would endanger you or your pets.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang… call animal control. At least they can do welfare checks on the dog, and hopefully convince them to spay her. I was in a similar situation w/a neighbor, and I must of called animal control on them at least twice a month. I was so fed up w/it but of course they kept that poor dog tied up to her doghouse. NEVER letting her inside…

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Disgusting animal you have as a neighbor wouId Iove to Ieave him tied up with out water for 48 hrs in the mud, hope AnimaI ControI does something and Iike everyone eIse said do not get into troubIe and so sorry you have to go through this

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is really tough, if you do call animal control they will likely know it was you unless more neighbors are also involved in letting their concerns be known. I would first seek out advice from animal control and rescue groups. This is so awful, why do people like this even exist??? Why even have a dog if you treat them this way? I just don't get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
they know how much I Love Animals, I am scared that these Idiots would try and poison my dogs. Help, I Need Advise, What Do I Do? @MyOtis
This is a very difficult situation for you. I know what type of people your neighbors are-there are people like that in my area. It is very hard for you to report them, as you said-they will suspect you, and will do harm to your dogs. I can not comprehend people like this-as I will do everything for my animals-they come first.
I do not envy you in this situation-I know it hurts to see the poor dog next door. I honestly don't know what you could do-but you have to be very careful for the safety of your animals. People like that don't care about their own-it certainly wouldn't bother them to hurt someone else's. I hope you can find a way to help the poor dog without putting your in jeapordy Prayers that you can find a solution. One reason why I feel lucky to not have neighbors.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Susan you need to be real careful. In East Tennessee this could really backfire. If they got another dog so quick they will have another one if you get involved. I would wait 4-5 weeks then call animal control. Dogs around here mean in some cases more than children. Regardless how they show their love. There are several places around here to gamble at live dog fights. They treat their dogs like crap believing they are Training them. Please don't do anything based on your emotions now. I would wait. Be careful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.