RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I hope they finally find out that's been wrong! I think that they don't tell you what you can eat, cause even they can't figure it out after that list....

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bullion or chicken broth. "Ensure Clear" has about 350 calories per bottle. Gatorade...Powerade...Gingerale....Seven-up....Sprite...lemonade.

Good luck. Hope all goes well. We have to go through this escapade next week.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hi Kelly, I'm so sorry you're going through all this, but I hope the tests and biopsies give you answers to your illness and not feeling well. I hope it's Crohns or Celiac disease that can be treated, and not something more serious. It would be easier if they gave their patients a list of what they can eat the first day, it would probably be a shorter list and easier to follow. I would stay away from pastas, they do contain wheat, and are heavy, bagels also contain wheat or grains, and fish may be considered meat as well. I would just stick with all clear liquids and foods, like clear chicken and vegetable broths, consommé, water, teas, and not take the chance of eating something you shouldn't and you having to reschedule the test. It's only one extra day, since the next two days are no food, and drinking the GOGO juice and cleaning you out. Just think of it as a cleanse. I hope all goes well. Please keep us posted. Is this day surgery, or do they keep you overnight?
Just going to keep me for about 2 hours, then they said I will be perfectly normal to go home and eat. I am going to work Thursday. I agree, they should give you a list of what you CAN eat, not what you can't. It would make things so much easier!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You should take the next day off and rest, as you are being put under anesthetic, and are having day surgery, all of which are a trauma to your body and system. Drink lots of water the next couple of days following the anesthetic to flush it out of your body.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good luck! I am so sorry you are going through all this. I think just broths with some rice (if you can have that) will tide you over. The Ensure suggestion is a good one. I hope they get everything figured out soon!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Been there-done that. The less you eat, the faster you will clean out! I know how unpleasant it is. Praying that you find answers-and not too serious.:pray:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
They are not wanting you to eat anything that will mask anything or takes time to breakdown in your system. The whole wheat and whole grain has seeds, so I think they are mostly referring to bread, etc. Just think simple carbs that breakdown fast or foods that dont have fibrous parts, like the fruit and meat. Good luck, sunshine

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would eat light Monday. The Ensure is a good idea, plus the rice and maybe soy yogurt. You can even drink rice milk Monday too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.