I need some ideas~!!! HELP!!! lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have to go in next Wed. Oct. 1st for some surgical procedures, biopsies of large intestine, small intestine and colon. Along with a colonoscopy. Before I go I need to fast starting Monday.

MONDAY
NO.......
Fruits
Veggies
whole wheat
multigrain
bran
nuts
popcorn
nothing with seeds
fiber
Meat
Nothing red, purple or neon
So any idea's as to what I can eat????

Tuesday
ONLY clear liquids, nothing red, purple, or neon
No dairy
No alcohol
From 5-8 drink half a jug of stuff that makes me "clear out" Uggggg!!!!
NOTHING after midnight.

Wednesday
Up at 6 A.M to drink the other half of jug by 8 a.m.!!!!!! UUUuuuuggggg!!!!!!!!!
I can take a sip of water to take blood pressure meds then nothing until the procedure at 2:00 p.m.!!!!
No gum
mints NOTHING!

So of course I am going to eat everything in the world over next weekend, but I am trying to think of what I can eat Monday that does not contain anything listed, Tuesday I stocked up on lots of chicken broth. This is going to be horrid, since I LOVE to eat!!!!! They said if I had ANYTHING in me, they would stop the procedure and I would have to do it again, so I am NOT going to cheat!!! HELP!!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have to go in next Wed. Oct. 1st for some surgical procedures, biopsies of large intestine, small intestine and colon. Along with a colonoscopy. Before I go I need to fast starting Monday.

MONDAY
NO.......
Fruits
Veggies
whole wheat
multigrain
bran
nuts
popcorn
nothing with seeds
fiber
Meat
Nothing red, purple or neon
So any idea's as to what I can eat????

Tuesday
ONLY clear liquids, nothing red, purple, or neon
No dairy
No alcohol
From 5-8 drink half a jug of stuff that makes me "clear out" Uggggg!!!!
NOTHING after midnight.

Wednesday
Up at 6 A.M to drink the other half of jug by 8 a.m.!!!!!! UUUuuuuggggg!!!!!!!!!
I can take a sip of water to take blood pressure meds then nothing until the procedure at 2:00 p.m.!!!!
No gum
mints NOTHING!

So of course I am going to eat everything in the world over next weekend, but I am trying to think of what I can eat Monday that does not contain anything listed, Tuesday I stocked up on lots of chicken broth. This is going to be horrid, since I LOVE to eat!!!!! They said if I had ANYTHING in me, they would stop the procedure and I would have to do it again, so I am NOT going to cheat!!! HELP!!!!

looks like you can eat nothing Kelly, is this still the same illness of the parasite? as when I was reading your post about that weeks ago you sounded the same as I was before I was diagnosed Coeliac I was thinking that at the time you had the same symptoms as me and I was violently ill for so long too. I hope they get some results for you and you can start feeling better.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
looks like you can eat nothing Kelly, is this still the same illness of the parasite? as when I was reading your post about that weeks ago you sounded the same as I was before I was diagnosed Coeliac I was thinking that at the time you had the same symptoms as me and I was violently ill for so long too. I hope they get some results for you and you can start feeling better.

After delivering 9 stool samples......I DO NOT have a parasite, a month of antibiotics for nothing!!!!! Now we are digging deaper. Perhaps Crohns, and even being tested for colon cancer. Going to have lots of biopsies done to try and figure out why I have been so sick for now 3 MONTHS!!!!!!:( I really like my new Dr. She is a Gastro Dr. She assured me we will test and test til we find out what in the world is going on with me. I am so exhausted and so sick of being so sick and tired all the time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my, those no-no's for Monday are pretty strict. Seems like the only thing left is ice and water! :( Oh wait...DAIRY okay? or maybe that will just exacerbate your sx's even more. But that food group wasn't on the list.

I feel for you and i sure hope the docs will be able to diagnose what exactly is going on with you so you can get better soon.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh my, those no-no's for Monday are pretty strict. Seems like the only thing left is ice and water! :( Oh wait...DAIRY okay? or maybe that will just exacerbate your sx's even more. But that food group wasn't on the list.

I feel for you and i sure hope the docs will be able to diagnose what exactly is going on with you so you can get better soon.

Henny, I am and have been for years, lactose intolerant, so dairy is not an option! I am going to just starve to death!! For the life of me I can't figure out why they give me a list of what NOT to eat, with nothing on the list that I can!!! I called my gastro dr. today to ask for options. Hopefully will get a call back tomorrow!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would say on Mon you could eat some yogurt or milkshakes, that should be filling… but I guess NO added fruit in there :( I guess that on Tues you will live on chicken broth…
Kelly I am SO SORRY that you are still dealing w/this… I really hope that everything goes okay for you, I've been sending you lots of prayers!!! :pray:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henny, I am and have been for years, lactose intolerant, so dairy is not an option! I am going to just starve to death!! For the life of me I can't figure out why they give me a list of what NOT to eat, with nothing on the list that I can!!! I called my gastro dr. today to ask for options. Hopefully will get a call back tomorrow!!

there are some yogurts not made w/dairy, like soy yogurt. If worse comes to worse, you can resort to one of those.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
there are some yogurts not made w/dairy, like soy yogurt. If worse comes to worse, you can resort to one of those.

Yoplay (SP???) makes lactose free yogurt, I buy it all the time. But on Monday I can have REAL food, but I just can't figure out with all the restrictions as to WHAT in the world I can eat. Thinking pasta with a garlic/white wine sauce?? Loads of pasta since it will be my last meal for 3 days!! lol

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

Kelly I am also dairy free and I eat soy yoghurt doesn't taste as good as normal but better than nothing can you eat rice on Monday not sure if that was on the no no list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yoplay (SP???) makes lactose free yogurt, I buy it all the time. But on Monday I can have REAL food, but I just can't figure out with all the restrictions as to WHAT in the world I can eat. Thinking pasta with a garlic/white wine sauce?? Loads of pasta since it will be my last meal for 3 days!! lol

the pasta might have "wheat" and fiber in it...Monday says NO to both of those. You don't want to eat anything too heavy on Monday...try to keep it light. You can do it!

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
the pasta might have "wheat" and fiber in it...Monday says NO to both of those. You don't want to eat anything too heavy on Monday...try to keep it light. You can do it!

Get gluten free pasta made on corn and rice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION], that's a good idea; Kelly, have some boiled white rice (not brown b/c of fiber), and some scrambled eggs. How's that sound? :drool:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Plain bagels.... Pasta.... Lobster... Shrimp... Tilapia... Salmon....mahi mahi.... Flounder.... :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kelly, I'm so sorry you're going through all this, but I hope the tests and biopsies give you answers to your illness and not feeling well. I hope it's Crohns or Celiac disease that can be treated, and not something more serious. It would be easier if they gave their patients a list of what they can eat the first day, it would probably be a shorter list and easier to follow. I would stay away from pastas, they do contain wheat, and are heavy, bagels also contain wheat or grains, and fish may be considered meat as well. I would just stick with all clear liquids and foods, like clear chicken and vegetable broths, consommé, water, teas, and not take the chance of eating something you shouldn't and you having to reschedule the test. It's only one extra day, since the next two days are no food, and drinking the GOGO juice and cleaning you out. Just think of it as a cleanse. I hope all goes well. Please keep us posted. Is this day surgery, or do they keep you overnight?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online