Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Remembering All Those Who Lost Their Lives on 09/11, We Will Never Forget. This Day changed Our Lives and Our World Forever. God Bless Them. RIP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 102

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I was just downstairs and it's crazy here today. Ton of police presence, a couple of streets closed.. etc. But in a few minutes, when they start reading the names, it's going to get very quiet..

Took a pic of the tower from window a little while ago.. also few more pics of the memorial when they first opened back in April or May... All of it is still so surreal.. still, I'll never forget..

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Tears well up as I remember the first internet images of a plane colliding with the tower.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thirteen years later and still I cry. We lost a family member who worked in the tower and a friend who was FDNY. Those two memorial services were the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. It is still heart wrenching to even think about after all this time. Our family members that were left behind are not and will never be the same. God Bless the surviving families and God Bless America.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I will NEVER forget this day… well it's my birthday… Lol

I was feeding my daughter who was 8 mos old at the time. My hubby was active duty (at the time) and it was funny… we had JUST planned a date night for my birthday, which we hadn't done in a LONG time. I remember watching the news and seeing the first plane hit the tower… I called my hubby on his work phone, and as we were talking the second plane hit. Then the phone line was shut down… they totally closed post, and I knew that his team would probably be on alert. My phone started ringing off the hook from family/friends… they wanted to know what Ray was doing, and if he would get deployed. Of course we didn't know anything at that time… Our lives changed FOREVER in that one moment, and I guess in a sense it did for everyone in the States.

Today I remember those first responders… Fireman, Policeman, and countless Americans who tried in vain to save lives on that day. May we NEVER forget the sacrifices made by those heroes on that tragic day… God Bless

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Rosalie So sorry for your loss of your family member and friend. Today brings back all those feelings and memories, and we will never forget that day, or be the same, it has changed our world forever. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when the planes crashed. God Bless all those who lost their lives that day, and love, hugs and prayers for those who lost their loved ones, and are missing them today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Such an incredibly hard day even 13 years later.... there is an eerie quietness to the day around here, so sad yet calming.

GOD Bless all of us - especially those directly impacted by a loss of a family member or friend.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hi Rosalie So sorry for your loss of your family member and friend. Today brings back all those feelings and memories, and we will never forget that day, or be the same, it has changed our world forever. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when the planes crashed. God Bless all those who lost their lives that day, and love, hugs and prayers for those who lost their loved ones, and are missing them today.
Thank you. It is such a tragic day for all of us. We went as a family to visit the site and it is such a somber place. You can actually feel what a sacred spot it is.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Shocking. Truly shocking, a day we will all remember where we were when the tragedy happened.

God bless all the lost souls and all the familys affected

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Even I remember exactly were I was and what I was doing that day. I had some friends at the scene, but luckily they were not hurt. So sorry for all humanity for this devious act.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online