College Football

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I think Baylor is going to take it, but I don't say that around here!

Awe C'Mon Man Chris. That is not the spirit. Go Spartans! GO Big 10! It ought to be a great game. I will be rooting for the Spartans. Sorry [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] who lives just down the road from Baylor. Keep in mind both teams will be wearsing some sort of shade of green.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awe C'Mon Man Chris. That is not the spirit. Go Spartans! GO Big 10! It ought to be a great game. I will be rooting for the Spartans. Sorry [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] who lives just down the road from Baylor. Keep in mind both teams will be wearsing some sort of shade of green.

Great memory, Roger, I'm impressed and it's okay as I didn't go to Baylor :)
Am glad they're playing MUCH better football.

Hope you are just about over your flu, sending hugs of wellness your way <3

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Great memory, Roger, I'm impressed and it's okay as I didn't go to Baylor :)
Am glad they're playing MUCH better football.

Hope you are just about over your flu, sending hugs of wellness your way <3
Thanx.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
He most certainly has. He broke a couple of school records one of whcih is the longest kick 57 yards (meters). As the article mentioned, he received the highest award a college place kicker can receive see The Award | PB Sports Commission - Lou Groza

My wife and I have season tickets to the University of Maryland football games. We witnessed the 57 yard kick against Ohio State. I screamed Aussie Aussie Asussie Oie Oie Oie. I hope that is not offensive though.

Maryland will be playing Stanford University on 12/30/14 in Fosters Farm Bowl in California 7 pm (PT) 10 PM east coast time.

I wonder if we will get on our TV's here, probably not

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wonder if we will get on our TV's here, probably not
It will be aired on ESPN. Of course I am unaware to what is available "down under." Also, Rugby is a whole lot different than American football. We hope you get to see it or parts. You might try online.

Overall, Mr. Craddock most definitely an asset to our team and is fun to watch when playing. In my opinion he is the most improved Terrapin on the Team.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Also, Rugby is a whole lot different than American football.

More and more collage teams are recruiting rugby players (BYU has strong Polynesian ties and frequently brings in rugby players). In the NFL the Seahawks have been teaching 'Rugby style' tackling to their players for the past few years. They frequently bring in well known Rugby coaches/players to instruct their players.

With the growing fears of concussions in American Football i think Rugby has a lot to teach :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Awe C'Mon Man Chris. That is not the spirit. Go Spartans! GO Big 10! It ought to be a great game. I will be rooting for the Spartans. Sorry @Texas Carol who lives just down the road from Baylor. Keep in mind both teams will be wearsing some sort of shade of green.

Having lived in Texas for more than 30 years, and now in Michigan, it really doesn't matter to me. I hope it's a good game, though!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
More and more collage teams are recruiting rugby players (BYU has strong Polynesian ties and frequently brings in rugby players). In the NFL the Seahawks have been teaching 'Rugby style' tackling to their players for the past few years. They frequently bring in well known Rugby coaches/players to instruct their players.

With the growing fears of concussions in American Football i think Rugby has a lot to teach :)

Interesting. I was unaware of that fact.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gone/Going Bowling: Sorry for not posting this sooner.

Going Bowling

@Marine91 Texas A&M playing West Virginia University as I type. It is now 10-7 WVU with 5:12 left in the 1st quarter.

Congrats Texas A&M defeated WVU 45-37. Hey what was up with the A&M coach slpping a WVU player?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Congrats Texas A&M defeated WVU 45-37. Hey what was up with the A&M coach slpping a WVU player?
It was a student assistant and there is no room for that crap from anyone. Sumlin made the right move making him stay in the locker room for the 2nd half, but i don't think his punishment is done yet. The University will get him too.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It was a student assistant and there is no room for that crap from anyone. Sumlin made the right move making him stay in the locker room for the 2nd half, but i don't think his punishment is done yet. The University will get him too.

Yes. People make mistakes and do not realize it until after its over. We see it all the time in sports. Coach Tomlin interferring with Jacoby Jones run back...Coach Tomlin fined $250K by the NFL...chump change. Suh on Detroit Lions stepping on Aaron Rogers leg not once but twice....suspended one playoff game....I do not know how much that will cost him. To name a couple.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes. People make mistakes and do not realize it until after its over. We see it all the time in sports. Coach Tomlin interferring with Jacoby Jones run back...Coach Tomlin fined $250K by the NFL...chump change. Suh on Detroit Lions stepping on Aaron Rogers leg not once but twice....suspended one playoff game....I do not know how much that will cost him. To name a couple.

Suh is a repeat offender too... he did something similar a couple years ago, obviously did not learn anything from whatever slap on the wirst he got the first time

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Suh is a repeat offender too... he did something similar a couple years ago, obviously did not learn anything from whatever slap on the wirst he got the first time

Yes I remember that...He was fined $100K for a block below the knees in 2013 when playing against the Vikings.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.