College Football

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rivalry must be in the minds of Maryland. Not mine. PSU leads the series with Maryland over the years. Last time Maryland and PSU played PSU won 70-7 in 1996. Well you can watch the Terps play with Michigan State this Saturday coming up. It is the 8:00pm game on BTN. We will be in College Park for the game.

Not a rivalry to me either, but it seemed the announcers that day were trying to make it one. But, it was a big win for Maryland, it was their first win at State College, ever so to those kids it was huge

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Not a rivalry to me either, but it seemed the announcers that day were trying to make it one. But, it was a big win for Maryland, it was their first win at State College, ever so to those kids it was huge

Yes it was a huge win that I would put up there when the Terps beat Florida State many moons ago.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
It's Week 12.
Note: Times are EST.
@GunnyHighway and @Sophatp Ohio State Buckeyes are playing Minnesota at noon. OSU favored by 12.
Temple is playing [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Penn State at noon. PSU is favored by 11.5
South Carolina is playing @g8erjackie Florida at noon. Florida is favored by a touchdown (7).
New Mexico is playing @TheLost Utah State at 4 pm
Missouri is playing @Marine91 now ranked Texas A&M (24) at 7:30 pm. A&M is favored by 4. Todd is wondering which team will show up I bet.
Michigan State is coming to College Park to take on my Terps. We will be there tomorrow Kick-off is around 8:00 pm. MSU is favored by 11. Good luck Terps!
@HTX Bully Houston Cougars are on a bye this week

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's Week 12.
Note: Times are EST.
@GunnyHighway and @Sophatp Ohio State Buckeyes are playing Minnesota at noon. OSU favored by 12.
Temple is playing @2BullyMama Penn State at noon. PSU is favored by 11.5
South Carolina is playing @g8erjackie Florida at noon. Florida is favored by a touchdown (7).
New Mexico is playing @TheLost Utah State at 4 pm
Missouri is playing @Marine91 now ranked Texas A&M (24) at 7:30 pm. A&M is favored by 4. Todd is wondering which team will show up I bet.
Michigan State is coming to College Park to take on my Terps. We will be there tomorrow Kick-off is around 8:00 pm. MSU is favored by 11. Good luck Terps!
@HTX Bully Houston Cougars are on a bye this week

Good luck to all.... not sure about 11.5 with Temple - they way PSU played the last two weeks (yuk!)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Sorry, I didn't have time to read all the posts...

I just wanted to say I finally watched a College Football game for the first time in my life. Took a trip to Jacksonville to watch the Gators vs. Bulldogs game. MANOMAN... I SUPER LOVE THAT NEW STADIUM! Sorry, I don't know my way around college football so I can't tell you about the game. I people-watched through the entire game and watched the fan pics showing on the ginormous screens...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry, I didn't have time to read all the posts...

I just wanted to say I finally watched a College Football game for the first time in my life. Took a trip to Jacksonville to watch the Gators vs. Bulldogs game. MANOMAN... I SUPER LOVE THAT NEW STADIUM! Sorry, I don't know my way around college football so I can't tell you about the game. I people-watched through the entire game and watched the fan pics showing on the ginormous screens...

College games are an awesome experience!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
College games are an awesome experience!

I'm not so sure... the crowd was super loud and if they're not screaming, the bands make up the difference. And there were a few times that I thought my section was going to break out into a fight... but yeah, it was quite an experience! It's very different from soccer (yeah, they're also super loud and prone to fights), I guess because soccer game doesn't stop so the ebb and flow of energy is more steady... or it could be simply that I understand soccer and I don't understand football.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not so sure... the crowd was super loud and if they're not screaming, the bands make up the difference. And there were a few times that I thought my section was going to break out into a fight... but yeah, it was quite an experience! It's very different from soccer (yeah, they're also super loud and prone to fights), I guess because soccer game doesn't stop so the ebb and flow of energy is more steady... or it could be simply that I understand soccer and I don't understand football.

It's quite loud at College Park but let a opposing team score usually shuts us up for a while. I think Saturday will be a long evening for the Terps.

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Yes college game day exp is awesome. I can only speak from my own experience. Night games in the Shoe is a blast. Best sports game I've been too was Texas vs OSU back in 05. 100k+ fans, night game, Two historic programs.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That sounds like a blast!! I remember OSU opening up the season against UCLA in 05 and it was 127 degrees on the field at the Rose Bowl. One heck of a game but hundreds of people fainting all over the place lol

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes college game day exp is awesome. I can only speak from my own experience. Night games in the Shoe is a blast. Best sports game I've been too was Texas vs OSU back in 05. 100k+ fans, night game, Two historic programs.

BRRRRRRRRR. It's snowing in Minesota.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] your first CFB experience was the cocktail party, that's awesome! :drink: The joke in our house is that Holly is a real big Georgia fan :w00t: :lmao:
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] what's going on with the terps? My Coogs play at SMU on Black Friday and I'm thinking about going. I've never gone to an away game and their should be plenty of seats available at SMU haha.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@anatess your first CFB experience was the cocktail party, that's awesome! :drink: The joke in our house is that Holly is a real big Georgia fan :w00t: :lmao:
@rjisaterp what's going on with the terps? My Coogs play at SMU on Black Friday and I'm thinking about going. I've never gone to an away game and their should be plenty of seats available at SMU haha.

Thanx.

Well there is nothing better than gnawing on a drumstick, drinking a beer, and watching football on Turkey Day. Ahh.....Well...yeah there is but Jewel and Bentley who are watching over my shoulder told me to keep it G-Rated for @Manydogs and @Texas Carol.

Note: All games are EST.

On Turkey Day 11/27/14.

LSU going to @Marine91 and my neighbor's Texas A&M. Game is at 7:30 and LSU is favored by 3. I hope the A&M team that played Auburn shows up and this will be a good game. Todd will be at the game with his son. Have fun and Good Luck. Be safe on those Texas Roads. Been there and have done that.

On Friday, 11/28/14:
@HTX Bully Houston Cougars will be at Southern Methodist University 12 noon. The Cougars are favored by 22.

On Saturday, 11/29/14:

@ChrisRN (correct me if this wrong) Michigan Wolverines @GunnyHighway and @Sophatp at Ohio State University. Game is at 12 noon. OSU is favored by 21. Last week my Terps beat the Wolverines. Good luck.

Michigan State University taking a trip to Happy Valley to play @2BullyMama Penn State University. Game is at 3:30 on ESPN2, ABC. MSU is favored by 13.

Rutgers is coming to College Park to take on my UMD Terps. Game is at 3:30. Believe it or not Maryland is favored by 8. However, Coach Friedgen is returning here after he was fired and UMD brought in the prance-er Edsell.
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] Florida Gators taking on Florida State at 3:30. FSU is favored by 7.5. C'mon Gators.
@TheLost Utah State is going to Boise State at 10:15. Boise is favored by 8.5.

Good luck everybody.

Be safe and Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.