• Poll closed .

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Friday at 6pm, with 1 neighbor in his front lawn, 2 heroin heads that I saw parked in the street while I walked my 9 yo bully, they saw me, they saw me see them, they watched us drive away, the 2 pulled right in my driveway, guy tried breaking thru back door, but 2 keyed deadbolt stopped him, then he threw a rock thru bedroom window. Apparently, they got caught in another city by time we got home 3 hours later. They did it in broad day light, with my neighbor right there, it didn't stop them.. so has it happened to you and what changes did you make to your home? besides the obvious..

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
No, but I just installed drop cams throughout the house. Gosh, what happened to you sounds frightening as hell. I'm glad they did not get in (or did they?) I would imagine that I would feel really violated. Any idea why they picked your house? Did you purchase any big items like a computer or TV recently and set the box outside for trash collection?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
No. But I got a fright a few weeks back when I heard some class break about 2 am.
I grabbed my baseball bat and ran down the stairs, slipped on a kids toy. Nearly ripped my self a new ahole. Searched all the rooms. Guard dogs still asleep. Diesel gave me stink eye.
Next morning I went into Layla's bed room and one of those glass type banks was broken on the floor. It must have fallen off her bed when asleep.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
No and i hope i will never have to experience this , my family home had few break ins and even tho my parents back then lived in a quiet amd small block of flats they still broke in
Im like a hawk at night if i hear or see anything strange i dont sit and wait i phone the police ,we got house insurance, alarm & cctv but i know this wont stop someone who wants to break in

I hope you are ok xx

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Lucky for us no one has broken in. Our cars have been hit several times but not our house.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have never been burglarized, but like Todd our car's have gotten hit… we have a home alarm system, I have a bat hidden under my bed like [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] :bat: and my hubby is retired Special Forces. I pity the fool that tries to break in while he is home… LOL That is so dang scary, I swear people will DO anything these days and they don't care if they get caught… Thank God you guys are okay!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have never been burglarized, but like Todd our car's have gotten hit… we have a home alarm system, I have a bat hidden under my bed like @jimmyjj :bat: and my hubby is retired Special Forces. I pity the fool that tries to break in while he is home… LOL That is so dang scary, I swear people will DO anything these days and they don't care if they get caught… Thank God you guys are okay!!!

We have an alarm as well, but in all honesty that isn't going to stop a crook if they really want to get it. It will just make them move a bit faster once they are inside. As an additional deterrent I have several of the signs below outside around my house.

Marine Sign.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have an alarm as well, but in all honesty that isn't going to stop a crook if they really want to get it. It will just make them move a bit faster once they are inside. As an additional deterrent I have several of the signs below outside around my house.

View attachment 76399

That's awesome… LOL :w00t:

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Oh, I am so sorry. I can't imagine how scary a violation like that would be. I've had 3 cars robbed and one stolen, but never my home.

I also keep bats hidden around my home for the just in case situations :) But now I live in an area where people just don't trespass, for the fear of being shot. The threat works here in Montana.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry this all happen to you --- thank goodness you weren't at home as not telling -- sigh!

I have never had this happen, but we do have a security system that we use ALL the time. When the b/f is away, I even have it on when I am home so if anyone tries to open a door or window - it will sound the alarm and call the local cops

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yes. Back in 1992 while we were at work. A VCR was stolen as well as credit cards. More recently, our neighbor's house was broken into when they were away. We were at work. Another neighbor witnessed the break-in and called the police. The crook left before the police got there. He got away with a play station and a laptop computer. The police later identified and arrested the suspect. We have not heard any more of it.

After the incident, we too have an alarm system. The neighborhood has been pretty quiet for the last couple of years and we are glad you are OK. Thank God.

P.S. A Smith & Wesson beats four aces.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have seen literally hundreds of breakins during my police career. What damage these people can do in such a short period of time is absolutely incredible. The worst is the aftermath..the families that no longer feel safe in their own homes..of knowing some animals were rummaging through the same room where they put their babies to sleep. That feeling of being violated lasts a long long time. No matter whats going on in the world..youre home is suoposed to be your safe place..your sanctuary. It takes awhile to recover from that.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
We have home security system with cameras so if we ever did get robbed we would catch them!!! haha

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I have seen literally hundreds of breakins during my police career. What damage these people can do in such a short period of time is absolutely incredible. The worst is the aftermath..the families that no longer feel safe in their own homes..of knowing some animals were rummaging through the same room where they put their babies to sleep. That feeling of being violated lasts a long long time. No matter whats going on in the world..youre home is suoposed to be your safe place..your sanctuary. It takes awhile to recover from that.
First, thank you so much for your service. Worked with law enforcement as a medic quite a bit.

You're absolutely right we were violated.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.