ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok, so most of you have seen on my FB page that my daughter Lily was holding a Sphynx cat last weekend. Our dog groomers had adopted this cat from a hoarding situation that was discovered here in our town (right down the street from where I used to live). The lady had over 50 animalsā€¦ Sphynx cats and those Chinese crested dogs. Well when animal control came in of course all the cats must be spayed/neutered before they can be adopted. Well Rapunzel (our groomers cat) was spayed and she was SO weak when we saw her, poor thing was having a rough timeā€¦ yesterday I found out that they had to put her to sleep :( Rapunzel had this disease called FIA, and it causes an anemic disorder where the liver starts to shut down. HERE is the kickerā€¦ it's spread by fleas biting these cats. ALL THOSE CATS WERE KEPT OUTSIDE IN STACKED CAGESā€¦ :yell: So now they are realizing that when these cats were being spayed/neutered this disease kicks into full modeā€¦ and some of the cats aren't surviving. So far 3 of these exotic cats have passed awayā€¦

So these poor neglected babies have lived their whole lives in damn cages outside (and it's gets VERY hot here in TN) and when the finally get rescued and have loving homes they are dying because of the conditions that they were forced into. I'm SO angryā€¦ and I'm sure that this hoarder woman will probably get slapped w/animal cruelty and that's it.

Sorry for this RANT, but I swear I'm so damn tired of hearing these stories and this one hits close to homeā€¦ :cry:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How awful, so are all of them going to die? How incredibly sad! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww that's such a sad story Tracey. This is sometimes a different situation from one where animals are found in abusive situations such as dog fighting rings, or where they are neglected and beaten, or in puppy mill situations. These people are more into keeping these animals for selfish reasons mostly for profit. They use and reuse the animals for breeding until they're not useful anymore and then abandon them, or they are cruelly used for dog fighting for money and constantly exposed to cruelty and pain. Most animal hoarders are animal lovers and they think they are rescuing or helping these animals, by giving them a home, but it quickly gets out of hand, because they can't take care of all these animals, they can't afford the vet bills, the spay or neuter surgeries, the vaccinations, or food for all these animals. This is still animal abuse, and it is a very sad situation, because the animals suffer and go hungry, and they often become sick from lack of care, and they get covered in feces, urine, fleas, and other parasites because of unclean living conditions and lack of vet care. Many of the people who do this are alone and lonely, and they keep all these animals because they are alone, and they think they are helping the animals.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How awful, so are all of them going to die? How incredibly sad! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far 3 of them have died, and I know that one of my friends got one as well and he's showing the signsā€¦ I'm really not sure if they can save any of them at this point.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww that's such a sad story Tracey. This is sometimes a different situation from one where animals are found in abusive situations such as dog fighting rings, or where they are neglected and beaten, or in puppy mill situations. These people are more into keeping these animals for selfish reasons mostly for profit. They use and reuse the animals for breeding until they're not useful anymore and then abandon them, or they are cruelly used for dog fighting for money and constantly exposed to cruelty and pain. Most animal hoarders are animal lovers and they think they are rescuing or helping these animals, by giving them a home, but it quickly gets out of hand, because they can't take care of all these animals, they can't afford the vet bills, the spay or neuter surgeries, the vaccinations, or food for all these animals. This is still animal abuse, and it is a very sad situation, because the animals suffer and go hungry, and they often become sick from lack of care, and they get covered in feces, urine, fleas, and other parasites because of unclean living conditions and lack of vet care. Many of the people who do this are alone and lonely, and they keep all these animals because they are alone, and they think they are helping the animals.

It's a heartbreaking situationā€¦ these are exotic animals that can NOT be kept outdoors. They needed weekly bathes and to be kept indoors. I sometimes watch that animal borders show and it makes me physically sickā€¦ those people need help!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Rant away. It breaks my heart to hear this is happening. The only animals I ever let stay outside for extended periods of time were my ridgebacks, but those guys are built to withstand the heat and they loved it but even then they had shade and a misting system if they wanted to use it. Leaving hairless cats or dogs outside is just asking for trouble.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Thats just terrible, whats wrong with ppl??? Poor poor animals....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:angry: :cursing: people suck!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm with you on animal-hoarder-hate, Tracey. This is a very sad, senseless story. It's the animals who are the ones who suffer! Reminds me of that TV show called Hoarders. Sometimes these folks hoard dogs, cats, rabbits...very tragic. :(

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ditto! When I saw it on the news, I was HOPING that Tracey didn't see it. But she would have heard about it anyway.........

I have a good friend that works at Animal Control, in fact she was the one that got the callā€¦ she told me they were in COMPLETE SHOCK when they saw all those cages w/these exotic pets. I'm friends w/all of the rescues here in town, so of course they were posting info on FB. Absolutely sickening...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is sick I agree. If I could I would rescue every rescue EBD on the face of the earth and they would call me a hoarder but then I would have to make millions and that'll never happen. I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], people suck that's the bottom line.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
The punishment to the woman should fit the crime of all those animals of which she has been responsible for them dying or being sick, but they don't and more do the same cruel thing to more innocent animals.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Long Island Bulldog Rescue took Chumley from a hoarder..he was living with a pack of larger dogs..adult bull mastiffs..he was 8 months old when I got him..cuts on his head from fighting for his food every night..worms that the rescue treated..and eating his own feces because he wasn't getting enough to eat...these people have a sickness..but i don't feel sorry for them, what theyre doing is cruel, heartless, and inexcusable.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.