cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Has anyone contemplated becoming a certified dog groomer?

I was looking on a dog-daycamp's website and on the home page there's a blurb about becoming one for the low, low price of $2500! There are other courses you can take for more $$, like advanced ones, but this $2500 gives you a certification so you can actually work, I'm guessing, as a dog groomer.

Just curious about this since I'm only 12 years away :ohmy: from retirement and thought i could start a new business venture!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I've never wanted to be one, but I sure do appreciate the one's that do Vegas's nails. I say go for it, I think you would be perfect!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've never wanted to be one, but I sure do appreciate the one's that do Vegas's nails. I say go for it, I think you would be perfect!!

Thank you for that vote of confidence, Kelly! I do not like expressing anal glands though. Not that i ever tried but just the thought...:fie:
, and i'm no good at clipping nails. I guess I can learn these things.

I imagine myself in a big camper working my way thru the USA as a traveling dog groomer. Wouldn't that be fun?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Never thought about it, but when we had Cockers, I would cut their hair.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank you for that vote of confidence, Kelly! I do not like expressing anal glands though. Not that i ever tried but just the thought...:fie:
, and i'm no good at clipping nails. I guess I can learn these things.

I imagine myself in a big camper working my way thru the USA as a traveling dog groomer. Wouldn't that be fun?

That does sound like fun!! I CAN NOT do glands, but after watching [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]'s video a million times, Joe has it down!!! It don't bother him at all, except for the fact that Vegas is very uncomfortable. Each time we took him which was about every 5 weeks it would cost $17.00 so look at the savings and Joe does an excellent job.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great idea and they are always looking to hire....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think that is an excellent idea. The good thing about that job is that it's not expensive to take the course, the equipment you need is minimal, and there is the potential to work for yourself in your own business if you want to, and you have the flexibility to make your appointments and days you want to work. I say go for it.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
not only no but hell no. I would rather wrestle a drunk, acid dropping, 350 pound sweaty man who peed himself

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sounds great Henny I could see you doing that, Taylor,s friend does this and loves it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Henny, that sounds perfect for you!!! :w00t: You are so patient & loving w/your own dogs… I'm sure your clients would fall in LOVE w/you!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a great idea! I would love to go to school to be a vet tech, I think there is also online courses for that. I don't think I'd ever actually be one though. I could not stand to see people neglect their animals.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.