Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so sad, Robin Williams was found dead this morning of an apparent suicide. He was a great Comedian, really funny, and I enjoyed his many movies. Apparently he suffered from severe depression. He will definitely missed.

Inside Movies Robin Williams dead at 63
By Nicole Sperling on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:55PM @nicsperling

Image Credit: Dave Hogan/Getty Images
Comments 452
Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that his death was a suicide, a rep did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus, and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love. His sitcom The Crazy Ones premiered on CBS last fall, but was not picked up for a second season.
According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.
Update: Fox, which will release the third Night at the Museum film, has issued the following statement: “There really are no words to describe the loss of Robin Williams. He was immensely talented, a cherished member of our community, and part of the Fox family. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. He will be deeply missed.”
GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes this is so sad. I grew up watching him. He touched may lives through laughter and will sorely be missed by all who knew him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Also grew up with him... Incredible entertainer ... Rest in peace

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm absolutely heartsick over this… I remember him in Mork & Mindy, not to mention SO many fantastic movies. What an incredible talent…
I guess it goes to show that money can't buy happiness :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
This is so sad, he was one of my absolute favorites, RIP.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
RIP Robin. You provided me with much laughter when I needed it most. Na-nu Na-nu. If you meet up with Jonathan Winters...you should put on a great show for the Good Lord.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
RIP Robin. You provided me with much laughter when I needed it most. Na-nu Na-nu. If you meet up with Jonathan Winters...you should put on a great show for the Good Lord.

My thoughts exactly. I, too struggle w depression. God hold you in his arms, Robin.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I watch a TV programme with my 9 year old, she said that scottish guy in mrs doubt fire killed himself today. he had had enough..... I though ffs, I said that's not why he did it, he was really unwell and had problems. Then I explained you don't kill yourself just because you've had enough

when I was 9 I was playing with tonka trucks.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I watch a TV programme with my 9 year old, she said that scottish guy in mrs doubt fire killed himself today. he had had enough..... I though ffs, I said that's not why he did it, he was really unwell and had problems. Then I explained you don't kill yourself just because you've had enough

when I was 9 I was playing with tonka trucks.

It's a sad world we live in today… my daughter is 13 and about 4 months ago one of her best friends tried to kill herself. Luckily she survived, but we had to discuss at length WHY suicide is NOT the answer to any problems you are having. I swear I want to take my kids and move to the mountains in a cabin with NO internet, TV, phones… and just hibernate. I really HATE it for kids today, they can't enjoy just being kids anymore :(

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Depression is a horrible thing. When I heard about this I first thought of the movie What dreams my come. It's my most favorite Robin Williams movie. Sometimes it's what I think of when depression and sadness overwhelm me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online