My Crafts

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I hate marketing myself!! I also have an Etsy store and I photograph my two bulldogs and I make greeting cards also. I am NOT computer savvy and I am a visual learner.... So unless there is a video included with the instructions, I don't seem to be able to do it. My Etsy store is My Bulldogs Love Me Greeting Cards. I do okay. Well enough that I can continue to make new cards and donate to rescues.
If you want I'll take a look at your stuff and help ya out!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That would be awesome. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BulldogGreetingCards

Take a look and tell me what I could be doing better.
Cheryl, right off the bat, your tag words need restructuring. Do 2 or 3 words instead of 1 word tags. Right now for your breast cancer card your key words are: Paper Goods, Cards, Thinking of You, English, Bulldog, Greeting, Card, Cute, Blank, Anniversary, Drool, Rescue, lightning, Breast cancer, breast, cancer.

This is how I would do them.

breast cancer cards, i will survive, bulldog cards, english bulldog card, dog greeting cards, cancer cards, cards breast cancer, cute greeting cards, blank greeting cards, blank bulldog cards, anniversary cards, cards with dogs, cards with bulldogs

Also, you want at your title key words to also be a tag word. This is very important in the SEO world to being found. :) Change a few cards and see what happens. ;)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
if you ever want any help or tips, I've been in marketing for about 10 years, i'd be happy to help you out. it's hard to learn, especially the online stuff. I feel like i had to start from scratch lol.

I'm a self taught person so I could use all the help and tips that I can get. I struggle with Google Analytics. I think I'm getting the SEO right for ETSY on being found (I'm always in the top few pages for the most part) but it's Google where I really want to be found. My Etsy store is https://www.etsy.com/shop/ComfyPetPads and my website is www.comfypetpads.com (I have an Etsy mini widget there that directs all to my Etsy store.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Cheryl, right off the bat, your tag words need restructuring. Do 2 or 3 words instead of 1 word tags. Right now for your breast cancer card your key words are: Paper Goods, Cards, Thinking of You, English, Bulldog, Greeting, Card, Cute, Blank, Anniversary, Drool, Rescue, lightning, Breast cancer, breast, cancer.

breast cancer cards, i will survive, bulldog cards, english bulldog card, dog greeting cards, cancer cards, cards breast cancer, cute greeting cards, blank greeting cards, blank bulldog cards, anniversary cards, cards with dogs, cards with bulldogs

Also, you want at your title key words to also be a tag word. This is very important in the SEO world to being found. :) Change a few cards and see what happens. ;)

You freaking rock! Ummmmm... What does SEO stand for?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm a self taught person so I could use all the help and tips that I can get. I struggle with Google Analytics. I think I'm getting the SEO right for ETSY on being found (I'm always in the top few pages for the most part) but it's Google where I really want to be found. My Etsy store is https://www.etsy.com/shop/ComfyPetPads and my website is www.comfypetpads.com (I have an Etsy mini widget there that directs all to my Etsy store.
Hey you are learning and that is what is most important. One of my partners learned and she was/is amazing at it. she started blogging and ended up before she sold her blog in the top 1% of websites! All self taught.
I'll take a look this weekend and get back with you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That would be awesome. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BulldogGreetingCards

Take a look and tell me what I could be doing better.
I will!!! i'll get back with you next week!!!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Those are great tips and keywords are very important.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SEO is search engine optimization - is what affects your websites visibility. Like a natural sort of search(ex. if i search English Bulldog News and it comes up as the first link and not down the page) and where your page lands, you want your site to be the first link to show up! I hope that makes sense.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
SEO is search engine optimization - is what affects your websites visibility. Like a natural sort of search(ex. if i search English Bulldog News and it comes up as the first link and not down the page) and where your page lands, you want your site to be the first link to show up!

Cheryl, another lay person way to look at it, lol, is if you used the one word tag say "english" or "bulldog" just type that in as s search on Etsy and see what happens - it's way too broad to find an english bulldog greeting card. Now if you type in "english bulldog" you're getting closer. But if you type is "bulldog greeting card" Shazam you're on the FIRST page and the very first one that's not a paid ad, and you now can do the Happy Dance as far as getting more views hopefully. :happydance: All your tags need to be redone.

- - - Updated - - -

See I've been busy learning. :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also it's important for key words to show up 3 times on your page for SEO, a tip I learned a while back.

OP
JakeP

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Beautiful beautiful items. I'm on Etsy and it's great. But it's a full time job just learning the ways of SEO and being found. I've been focusing just about all my time this year on exactly that; marketing myself. You'd do very well there. Jewelry is a tough sell from what I hear because there's so much of it. I absolutely love your work.

Oh I make dog beds, pads, stuffy toys and my new Flying Floppy Dog Disc (the indoor frisbee). My shop name is Comfy Pet Pads. I also have a website.

Jack's a cutie too!

Thank you.

I did check your site and the stuff that you sell. Those are neat stuff! Might order 1 from you.

Yes, SEO is very important. Keyword, keyword and more keywords. I actually create, and host websites. Here is one that I created for my craft supply store, Mamayen.com, but have not updated them as I mostly sell my stuff on eBay and on Amazon. My last client decided to host and maintain their website starting this month (co'z I'm quiet expensive to maintain hehe) so they are no longer on my server. But I designed and hosted them for 1 1/2 years.

Another site I built just for fun, thenewbetter.me. This site was supposed to be a food log. Each time we eat or snack, we would post it on the website and the members will see what we eat. We monitor each other's food intake and anytime we "cheat" we would pay a certain amount of $$ ranging from $2 to $5 depending on the food. It was really fun until they stopped doing it and I was the only one doing it lol. Well I lost 21 lbs just by doing it.

Anyway, I'm on the wrong topic now HAHAHA

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.