agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
It's nearly 1300 and I have the hangover from hell.
Noting will shift it..... Any ideas. ????

has anyone seen my mobile phone ?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh BOY!!! :hangover:

What I normally do is before I go to bed… drink a TON of water and take 2 Excedrin. Most of the headache is dehydration, so you could probably drink Gatorade or a sports drink. I have heard that if you are SUPER hungover you can drink a bloody mary.

Hope you feel better, and I hope you find your mobile phone… Hey I hope you took pics last night?!! Lol :giggle:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Have another of what you were drinking last night... :) Or drop some B6 and B12 and you should feel better in a few hours.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Have another of what you were drinking last night... :) Or drop some B6 and B12 and you should feel better in a few hours.
Hey Todd if I go back to the pub I'd be there until closing. Would you cover for me with the misses.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ugh I hate that feeling. Lots of water. Usually if you puke you feel better as well. So go puke and then water and excedrine. Silly boy.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I am feeling a bit better, watching orange is the new black cuddled into Nula.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jimmy (whispering). Lol. So sorry you're under the weather, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you've been given good advice already. Drink lots of water and sleep.

How to Cure a Hangover

We all wish there were a magic cure for hangovers, but unfortunately they usually involve some amount of pain. However, certain things can be done to alleviate headaches, nausea, fatigue, and anxiety that come the morning after drinking. This article contains information on how to ease these symptoms and prevent hangovers in the future.

Immediate Relief

Rehydrate. Hangovers are a sign that your body is extremely dehydrated.[1] Staying hydrated will alleviate the headaches, dizziness, and lightheadedness that result from a hangover. It is especially important to load up on fluids if you are vomiting.

Drink plenty of water.

Drink coconut water and/or sports drinks, both of which are rich in electrolytes. Most headaches secondary to alcohol consumption are caused by both dehydration and an imbalance of electrolytes. Specifically, sodium balanced by magnesium, calcium, and potassium are vital for a happy-feeling brain. Look at the ingredients list for magnesium and calcium salts and choose a sports drink that will not only rehydrate you, but also provide the nutrients that your alcoholic beverages have stripped from you.

Avoid coffee or caffeinated teas. Many people drink coffee in order to "wake up" from a hangover, but the caffeine will only make matters worse by further dehydrating you.

Try ginger ale. If you're feeling nauseated, the ginger helps calm your stomach.

Take a painkiller. Avoid Acetaminophen, due to liver-damaging reactions with alcohol metabolites. Aspirin or ibuprofen are both fine choices if you have a headache. Be sure to read the instructions and take only the recommended dose.

Note that excessive use of these medications may cause long-term damage to your liver, especially when used in conjunction with alcohol.

If you can't keep the painkiller down, don't take another dose. You'll just have to ride the pain out until your body recovers enough to accept painkillers.

Eat crackers, toast, or other mild-flavored carbohydrates. These foods alleviate nausea and help your body soak up the alcohol in your system.

Avoid foods that are acidic or spicy, since they are more difficult for your body to digest.
Avoid foods that are heavy or oily, since they increase the feeling of nausea.

Don't drink alcohol to cure a hangover. Alcohol may temporarily make you feel better, but it will ultimately dehydrate you and leave you feeling worse later on in the day.

If you decide to have a drink, stick with a Bloody Mary or a cold beer, and do not overdo it. You need to give your body a chance to recover.
Only drink if you have no obligations, like work or school, for the rest of the day.

Riding Out a Hangover

Go back to sleep. Alcohol disrupts the sleep cycle, so part of the reason you are feeling so tired is because your body is sleep-deprived. [6] Getting a few more hours of sleep will have you feeling better in no time.

Avoid bright lights and/or loud noises. Hangovers cause hypersensitivity to light and noise. Wear sunglasses if you are leaving the house, and avoid listening to loud music.

If you are having trouble getting out of bed or are continuing to vomit, consider calling in sick to work or school. While you wouldn't want to make this a habit, you are probably not going to be of much use at work if you are constantly running to the bathroom.
Go for a light walk, run, or swim. The endorphins released during exercise can help improve your mood, which is important if you are feeling anxious as a result of being hungover. Exercise also speeds up the the process of metabolizing the alcohol, helping it leave your system faster. [7]

Be sure to properly hydrate both before and after exercising to prevent further fluid loss.
Distract yourself. Beating yourself up for having a hangover will only make you feel worse. Giving yourself time to rest and recover is the only way to make it go away, so take advantage of your "free" day by catching up on your favorite shows, watching a new movie, or reading a book. You'll feel better tomorrow.

Preventing a Hangover

Drink less. This is the best way to prevent hangovers. Remember that alcohol is a toxin, and that there is a reason why you feel so horrible after drinking it excessively.

Have one glass of water for every drink of alcohol you have. This will prevent dehydration, a major cause of most hangover symptoms.

If you forgot or were unable to have water in between drinks, be sure to drink a glass or two of water before going to bed.
Don't mix different types of alcohol. Stick with one, be it wine, beer, or a certain type of hard liquor. Mixing different types is a surefire way to end up with a hangover.

Stay away from sugary mixed drinks. Margaritas may be delicious, but all that sugar masks the alcohol flavor, making it easy to consume more than you realize you're taking in. The same goes for other cocktails made with sodas and fruit juices.

Pace yourself when drinking. It takes your body about one hour to metabolize each drink. [8] Spacing out your drinks will help give your body enough time to recover from each one, dramatically reducing the likelihood of getting a hangover.

Reduce Acetaldehyde While You Are Drinking

Drink less Units. This is the best way to prevent hangovers. Remember that alcohol is converted to acetaldehyde, which is the primary underlying cause of not only hangovers but also almost every known alcohol related health complications from liver disease to oral cancer. Acetaldehyde is a class 1 carcinogen, a potent neurotoxin and also implicated in alcoholism itself. Google it.

Drink Slowly. The liver can only eliminate the acetaldehyde in one unit of alcohol per hour on average. So alcohol is metabolised more slowly than it is consumed.

Take 1 capsule Alcotox for added support in reducing acetaldehyde. Take 1 capsule for every standard drink consumed. Clinical results show 1 capsule of Alcotox is capable of reducing 86% of acetaldehyde contained in 125ml serving of 12.5% proof white wine.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can also make yourself a smoothie using almond milk, fruit, especially banana because of the potassium, and yogurt.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]. Thank you so much for that.
Last night I was out with the same folk who are on my stag do next weekend in Edinburgh...
the plan was to start on the pop fri @ 12 on the train and drink all Friday, all Saturday and have a few Sunday going back to England on the train.
I ll print off the above and fill my bag full of hangover goodies

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Good luck. I hope you survive until your wedding. Be careful, wifey just might divorce you before she marries you. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lol. Good luck. I hope you survive until your wedding. Be careful, wifey just might divorce you before she marries you. Lol

Ha!ha! That's a good one @Vikinggirl! BUT I guess she knows him pretty well by now!

Hair o' the dog, Jimmy hangover.jpg Feel better [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION]

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
So when I was younger, tequila and pancakes was the cure. Now it is orange Gatorade and lots of fruit. Next weekend is going to kick your *** you poor thing

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

please ...... Might just leave me.....really :p. Lol

me thinks you need to have a word with yourself .... Your funny

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Ha!ha! That's a good one @Vikinggirl! BUT I guess she knows him pretty well by now!

Hair o' the dog, Jimmy View attachment 74527 Feel better @jimmyjj

i feel a lot better ta, it don't matter how young we think we are alcohol lets us know big time our age,
growing up I d go on a ( bender ) have a few days on the pop, turn up, play rugby and back on the pop again.
Now I just wanna cuddle my dogs watching pawn stars or 24.. How times have changed :excited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.