Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so awesome, the Mic Mac Mall in Nova Scotia, Canada now scan the parking lots looking for pets locked in cars.

Mall Debuts Pet Patrols To Save Dogs Trapped In Hot Cars

Sara Gates The Huffington Post 07/15/14 06:53 PM ET

Despite warnings, some pet owners still forget that leaving a dog in a hot car -- even for a few minutes -- could be deadly.

That's why a mall in Canada is launching a pet patrol program to keep customers from leaving their animals in locked vehicles while they shop. Mic Mac Mall in Nova Scotia recently unveiled the service following an incident at the shopping center in which police were called to break a car window to save an overheated dog.

Under the program, mall security scan the parking lots surrounding the shopping center and keep an eye out for signs -- such as a cracked window -- that a pet may be locked in a vehicle, CBC News reports. If an animal is spotted, security will first attempt to contact the car owner.

"The first step they’ll take is to try and assess the condition of the animal in the vehicle," Staff Sgt. Lindsay Hernden of Halifax Regional Police told CTV News.

In dire situations, mall pet patrols will contact police.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That is great. I never understood why people just don't get it, that a car can heat up so fast. Children, and/or dogs besides getting hot, also have a chance of being kidnapped.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I wish all Malls were like that, that would be wonderful, My Goodness I would volunteer and help them out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great, I agree all of them should do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Not only are people leaving dogs in cars now they are leaving their children!!! I don't know what this world is coming to. It's very, very sad. Glad they are trying to do something about it in Canada. Hopefully the US will follow suit. If they had jail sentences for anyone leaving an animal in a parked car when the temps are even remotely warm, maybe people would think twice.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
If you can't take ur putch with you ~you shouldn't take them in a car. That's what crates and kennels are for ( to keep pets safe at home )

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Not only are people leaving dogs in cars now they are leaving their children!!! I don't know what this world is coming to. It's very, very sad. Glad they are trying to do something about it in Canada. Hopefully the US will follow suit. If they had jail sentences for anyone leaving an animal in a parked car when the temps are even remotely warm, maybe people would think twice.

I agree, it's on the news constantly now… it's beyond sickening!!! So HELP ME if I see a kid or pet in a car suffering, I'm breaking the DAMN window. I don't care anymore :pissed:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.