Aftermath of Joe biting me

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So I posted a few weeks ago about Joe unintentionally biting me. It totally wasn't his fault and after 10 days of home quarantine things are back to normal for him. For me not so much... I have had this huge lump on my leg where he bit me.. and it was annoying but not red or hot or any of the typical infection symptoms... And I had been on antibiotics...After 12 days of it not going away I went to my doctor .. Who sent me immediately to the surgical clinic.. At first they didn't think it was infected either but after an aspiration and minor surgery they realized that I have an infection in my muscle ..apparently Joes bite went deep into my muscle .. And apparently some of my muscle died due to the infection.. I went back today and the infection is worse .. They doubled up my antibiotics and added a new one.. If it's worse tomorrow I have to be hospitalized .. I'm pretty nervous and scared because I live on my own.. I also feel bad because I haven't been able to walk Joe or play with him properly in days.. My family knows what is going on but they are busy with jobs and kids ... If I go to the hospital Joe will have to be kenneled .. And I'm suppose to be moving on Monday.. I can't pack or anything... I also haven't been able to work much..looking for prayers and positive thoughts ..
I can't tell u how many people have suggested that the solution is for me to "think about what I'm going to do with Joe" .. Joe is my world and I would never consider giving him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending many many prayers to you .... I so hope it clears up and you do not have to be hospitalized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Starting fervent prayer that all will go well with your treatment.
Nothing is beyond GOD Almighty's fixing, I know some here (no blame
or judgement) may think it's silly to pray or believe, so hope I never
offend anyone with my words...Peace, Love & Compassion to each one
here, supporting & caring about one another is the most important thing.
I love you all, the precious bullies and EBN <3

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh Holly I am so sorry you are going through this. You have my thoughts an prayers with you and Joe. I wish I still lived in that area, I'd dog sit for you in a heartbeat. Does your vet do any type of boarding? That may be a solution. I'm praying it won't be necessary at all. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow. :pray:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh Holly, I'm sorry to hear this...i had no idea the bite was that bad! Definitely will be praying for your healing, and that you won't require hospitalization. But if you did have to go inpatient, kenneling Joe will be okay...you have to do what u have to do. Try to take it step by step, especially with your moving plans too. Can that be delayed a bit until you heal? :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers are being said for you and a quick recovery. you must get better for Joe-so if he needs to be boarded, do what needs to be done so you can heal and be well.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you are going through this Holly. I am sending mega hugs, love and prayers your way that your bite wound looks better tomorrow, and that it heals soon. You can also try soaking your wound in the bathtub with Epson Salts to help draw out the infection, it may help in addition to the antibiotics. I hope you don't need to be hospitalized, but if you do, then he will be fine and taken care of at a kennel. I hope it doesn't come to this. Please keep us posted. Praying for your leg to heal.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Very sorry about this hope all goes well at the doctor visit. Prayers are with you guys.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Not sure what is in the air but a lot of good people are getting the short end of things. Chance and i have fingers and paws crossed that it all works out and pray your health returns.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear this Holly… first of all sending prayers that you won't have to be hospitalized. Joe will be ok if he has to be kenneled though, and I agree w/Henny. Maybe you can delay the move until you start feeling better… keep us posted!!!

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Thanks everyone ... I really appreciate it ..I am being admitted to the hospital.. I am in the ER now, my muscle is infected. I was going to kennel Joe at my vet but then my brothers stepped up and will be taking care of him at my apartment. They are going to take turns. It's not ideal but at least he will be at home in his environment ... They know the basics like keeping him out of the heat ..I think the next step is to ask my complex if I can delay the move a few days.. I don't see how it will be possible to get everything done.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone ... I really appreciate it ..I am being admitted to the hospital.. I am in the ER now, my muscle is infected. I was going to kennel Joe at my vet but then my brothers stepped up and will be taking care of him at my apartment. They are going to take turns. It's not ideal but at least he will be at home in his environment ... They know the basics like keeping him out of the heat ..I think the next step is to ask my complex if I can delay the move a few days.. I don't see how it will be possible to get everything done.

we are all praying for you Holly.... heal up quick and it is great your brothers jumped in to help with Joe. Hopefully, the apartment complex will understand, but I am sure they will want some $$$ for it.

keep us posted

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad your bros will be able to assist you with Joe's care! Many, many healing thoughts and prayers going your way, Holly. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9709]Holly33[/MENTION] Here on EBN there will be many prayers being said for you for your healing. You have two great brothers on your side,too, taking care of Joe, so you have less worry.:pray::pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.