cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, just read it. What a very hard and tragic lesson , actually something all of us can probably take away from this woman's story. It really brings home the point of how important it is to make sure our fur babies are in good health. Thank you for sharing the story.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I agree with Henny. I have 4 kids and I watch the puppy and my kids like a hawk. Now I have a 4 yr old bulldog and it's worse. Kids don't know when rough play is to much for a dog who can't push the kids back or push them off when it's to much. I don't blame the dog. I know how much she hurts I would too for my skin babies. But I can say this two houses down from mine there is a black lab and you can tell she is aggressive. I seem her attack a dog who was not on his leash (little girls walking the dog who was not on the leash) get attacked by the black lab. It tossed this other dog around like a rag doll right in front of my house. The owners had just started to walk the black lab again then this happens. But I can see the back lab get over excited and try to get kids passing by so when my kids play in the front yard I am there watching them so the dog does not ever jump the fence or happen to get away from them and attack my kids or Mia or now chunks/chubbs. So I have to say as parents is our responsibility to keep are kids taught right and safe. Someone should have been right there with the baby watching him like a hawk and taught him no pull.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, just read it. What a very hard and tragic lesson , actually something all of us can probably take away from this woman's story. It really brings home the point of how important it is to make sure our fur babies are in good health. Thank you for sharing the story.

well said!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I agree with Henny we need to be vigilant with our Bullies health needs

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wow..what a story! My wife watches kids in our home everyday and chum just lies there while they play with him..his ears..his folds..theyre all over him and he loves the attention...he's always watched constantly but it's an eye opener to realize what can happen if the dog isn't feeling right or has pain somewhere...
It puts a whole new perspective on things..what I always looked at is "cute" needs to be changed.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW Thanks for sharing this story, I commend that mom for coming forward...

I'm always VERY watchful of my grandson (who is 2) around my dogs… and I was the same w/my kids when they were younger. Reason being that MOST little kids think of animals as "play things" they can pull, tug, push, lay on or carry around. Personally for ME I have never allowed this in my home, because it sets up for a kid getting bit. It's NOT the animals fault for reacting to being hurt by MY kid...

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What a touching story but a wake up call for sure. I am glad the dog got to live as he was in pain and acted out. As a Mum of two it would be gut wretching for this to happen, the guilt I would be the same as her. But it is something to always remember.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.