Oh $hit, my skin baby is in the hospital. Prayers would be appreciated.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I just saw your post , sending prayers and positive thoughts ,stay strong hun xxx

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Checking in on you, Kori and your son's condition. I give thanks
to Almighty GOD to hear a good report. Continued prayers for full
recovery...I woke up with your name on my lips, praying...be blessed
and favored of GOD.

GOD is good...always...GOD is good!

I just saw your post , sending prayers and positive thoughts ,stay strong hun xxx

Thank you all so much. I'm so torn as to whether I should fly out to North Carolina to be there for him - even though he's in the hospital and I chat with him all day on Facebook. I just feel like I should be there although I'm also afraid his poor fiance who is a mess right now would feel like she had to entertain me. I also know it's a horrible time for me to leave work (we're down half my staff right now due to an incident last month). I can get updates all day and I am keeping myself busy so I don't cry all day. Recovery from this damn rhabdo is at a high rate, I think it's more of the "what could have happened" and the fact that we don't know the extent of muscle and organ damage yet is what's making me crazy.

What would you other Mothers do in this situation? He's 24 and lives with his fiance. Would Mom flying out to sit in his hospital room be just a big pain in the butt????

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you all so much. I'm so torn as to whether I should fly out to North Carolina to be there for him - even though he's in the hospital and I chat with him all day on Facebook. I just feel like I should be there although I'm also afraid his poor fiance who is a mess right now would feel like she had to entertain me. I also know it's a horrible time for me to leave work (we're down half my staff right now due to an incident last month). I can get updates all day and I am keeping myself busy so I don't cry all day. Recovery from this damn rhabdo is at a high rate, I think it's more of the "what could have happened" and the fact that we don't know the extent of muscle and organ damage yet is what's making me crazy.

What would you other Mothers do in this situation? He's 24 and lives with his fiance. Would Mom flying out to sit in his hospital room be just a big pain in the butt????

Dear Kori...follow your heart (and your gut), it need not be a long visit.
Sometimes as mothers, we need to see our children (always our babies).
Everyone will just have to understand & accept it should you decide to go.
If not...oh well...they'll get over it. As his mother, you've earned this right,
I support what ever you do~GOD speed & protect your journey!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am not a mom but play one from time to time.... I think, if you decide to go, wait till he is home and settled in. This way you are there to help as needed and can give some 'relief' to his finance. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not a mom but play one from time to time.... I think, if you decide to go, wait till he is home and settled in. This way you are there to help as needed and can give some 'relief' to his finance. Just a thought

Christine, my dear, YOU mother everyone, you ARE a mother
just lucky to have never birthed a baby. And a great one too!

"I don' know nuthin' bout birthing no babies, miz Scarlett!"
Prissie~the young, black maid from 'Gone With The Wind'

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kori, just checking in to see how your son is doing. I agree with Christine and Carolyn, there is no right or wrong answer if you should go or not. It depends on how you feel, and the kind of relationship you have with your son. It doesn't matter the age of our children,they will always be our child, and we will always be a MOM. He is in good hands at the hospital, and there's not much you can do but sit with him in his room, but if you wait until he's home, you can have a nice visit with him, and be more relaxed knowing he's back home and better.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Hi Kori, just checking in to see how your son is doing. I agree with Christine and Carolyn, there is no right or wrong answer if you should go or not. It depends on how you feel, and the kind of relationship you have with your son. It doesn't matter the age of our children,they will always be our child, and we will always be a MOM. He is in good hands at the hospital, and there's not much you can do but sit with him in his room, but if you wait until he's home, you can have a nice visit with him, and be more relaxed knowing he's back home and better.

Just got to skype with with him and he's in good spirits but still doesn't have mobility in his arms due to the swelling.
he and I are very close, I raised him by himself after his Dad stepped out of the picture, and he's my only child. I try not to hover too much but I am still a mom!!! He thinks he'll be released tomorrow (he won't) but he is trying to really play it down so no one worries. I'm going to defer to him and stay home at least one more day. Let me tell you, being able to skype is helping tremendously.

Bocephus is keeping me comforted and clinging to me so I don't have too many anxiety attacks.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh my I am so sorry , prayers coming your way and please keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my I am so sorry , prayers coming your way and please keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Donna, everyone is being so supportive it means a lot

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thinking of you, Kori & your son, praying for y'all!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh I have to agree w/Carol on this one Christine… LOL!!! You are a wonderful Mother!!! :drawheart:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I have to agree w/Carol on this one Christine… LOL!!! You are a wonderful Mother!!! :drawheart:

Members online

No members online now.