Oh $hit, my skin baby is in the hospital. Prayers would be appreciated.

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm so sorry Kori that your son is going through this, and you must be so worried being so far away. He's in the hospital, so he's getting the best possible care, and he's in a safe place. I hope he recovers soon, and feels better. Is this something that occurs once in a while, or can this happen again? Will this affect him being in the Marine Corps? I hope all is okay with him. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and your son for a speedy and complete recovery.
Thank you Monica. We don't know the extent of damage right now so unsure if it can happen again. Unfortunately this is something that happens with Marines due to the high level of work outs. Thy are flushing his kidneys by pumping him full of fluids and his creatine levels which should be under 300 are currently exceeding 80,000. The hospital is allowing his fiancé to spend the night in his room so, although I'm trying not to bug her too much, I'm keeping updated.
I have never needed a Xanax more in my life haha

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry, there's nothing worse than our kids being sick, and being far away, and not being able to see for yourself that he's okay. It doesn't matter how old they are. I wonder why the Army allows this to happen, if it is a common thing caused by extreme workouts? It sounds dangerous.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending prayers thay he recovers quickly. Try(I know it's impossible) but try really hard to get some rest. He is in great hands.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh, my dear Kori...I'm just know seeing this, I'm so sorry to hear it!
Will get right on prayers for your son's complete healing, Marine strength
prayers.

From my mother's heart to you, dear Kori, I send Zanax strength hugs to
help you hold on to your calm...how very difficult, awaiting word from far
away :( May you feel GOD's great love for you and your son pouring hope,
strength & faith thru out your heart & mind. EBN is here for you~GOD bless!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Kori, thinking of you and your son tonight, praying he recovers fully. Please do let us know how he's doing when you get a chance. :pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Kori, just checking in on your son my internet was down. Any news?!!

AmandaH12

Jun 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Sending prayers too you and your baby. No matter how old they are....we still consider them our babies. Praying that God heals and protects him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Kori, just checking in on your son my internet was down. Any news?!!

Sending prayers too you and your baby. No matter how old they are....we still consider them our babies. Praying that God heals and protects him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for recovery. I hope you hear soon that everything is going to be okay!

Thank you all so much!!! I got very little sleep last night and am kind of going in circles in the office today. He had an ultrasound this morning to determine the extent of/if any damage to his liver or kidneys. He did find out his kidneys are fused (no big deal I guess) but it was surprising to me.

The levels of creatine in his blood are still sky high, well over 100K - normal is under 300 so his goal is to them below 10K which will take a few days. I, of course, am driving myself crazy reading about Rhabdo and how bad it can be. He is still unable to straighten out his arms so hopefully the swelling will go down today and he'll be able to move a little better.

Of course, he's a true bred Marine and wanted to go running this morning HAHAHA. They caught him trying to leave the floor to get some "exercise".

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my, healing thoughts and prayers coming your way in abundance!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh well, sounds like he's feeling better if he wants to run!!! Lol Keep him in bed, that boy needs to rest up… Keep us posted!!! ;)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Still sending positive healing thoughts your way! before you know it he'll be up and running.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray:Just read this and sending many prayers to your boy. Hoping he will be well soon and have no ill effects. :pray:extra for you,too.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on you, Kori and your son's condition. I give thanks
to Almighty GOD to hear a good report. Continued prayers for full
recovery...I woke up with your name on my lips, praying...be blessed