The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am happy and sad... My baby girl left for her european adventure a few hours ago and I hope and pray she has a fantastic trip. I am so happy for the experience she will have but I am sad as this is the furthest she has ever been away from home Where we couldn't just drive to pick her up if need be. The trip started off with a lovely 45 minute flight delay for no apparent reason other than the FAA enforcing ground holds because of the antiquated systems in place.

I asked her to periodically wave to our EBN family along the way as they are traveling up and over the North Atlantic on their journey. Not like anyone will see her flying by at 37,000ft cruising at 609 mph but you will feel the love none the less. :) Right now she is over south eastern Canada and will be flying over New Brunswick in about 30 minutes or so.

Being the daddy and tech junkie that I am I have been tracking the flight since the originating flight out of Amsterdam last night so I get updates roughly every 15 minutes or so... lol. However, I made the mistake of showing my wife the flight map and they just happened to be flying through some storms right now so she is freaked out a bit about that and she can't get Non-Stop or Taken out of her head..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Todd, you and your wife are giving your daughter a memory she will cherish forever. It sounds like you have great, smart kids. That is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. Good for you guys!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you for the kind words. She is a good kid that has been through a lot in her short 15 years that this will do her a lot of good and give her a chance to grow.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Hope she has a wonderful trip and some great memories to cherish.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What a great adventure for her...lucky girl! Big hugs to you &
your wife...you just don't get the burdens of being a parent
until you are one. Y'all are just the best!

Hey Todd...how's the ole head feeling today?
:hangover:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] feeling great. Only had a couple was a nervous wreck last night making sure she was ready. They are just south of Greenland right now. Still have 3.5 hrs to Amsterdam and then she has a 5 hr layover before heading Athens.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Todd where she going to, I s she travelling around Europe or is she going to School over there?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] she is on a school trip. They are heading to Greece and Italy for 10 days.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] she is on a school trip. They are heading to Greece and Italy for 10 days.

oh that's wonderful, she is lucky she has such good parents that can let her go. I can just picture you at the computer watching her flights and missing her.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
oh that's wonderful, she is lucky she has such good parents that can let her go. I can just picture you at the computer watching her flights and missing her.
Been watching the flight since it left Amsterdam last night to fly to Houston and I get updates on my phones. Just a crazy daddy. lol

I hope she enjoys it because she has been invited to the trip next summer as well but she doesn't want to go if she doesn't have fun on this one.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so excited for your daughter, Todd!! Travel is truly a gift and something she will keep with her all her life. Wow, at 15 years of age and going to Italy and Greece...she's going to have a WONDERFUL time, I'm sure.

I was wondering why Finn and Tate were waving their paws and looking up at the sky a couple hours ago...they must've been saying :hiya: to your daughter!

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Been watching the flight since it left Amsterdam last night to fly to Houston and I get updates on my phones. Just a crazy daddy. lol

I hope she enjoys it because she has been invited to the trip next summer as well but she doesn't want to go if she doesn't have fun on this one.

I'm bet she does enjoy it unless she gets too homesick for you and your wife. Italy I have always wanted to go too and Greece is suppose to be so beautiful and the weather should be nice there now as well.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She has been away from home many times before but this is the furthest she has every gone and her first time flying without one of us with her. She is with 24 other kids and teachers from her school plus her best friend is with her as well so all should be well.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] we were worried at first but after we got all of the details we felt comfortable letting her go. She chose to go on this trip instead of having a big sweet 16 party next month. Tell Tate and Finn thanks for waving back and I will let her know when she hits me up after landing.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Being a parent is the best thing ever and the toughest thing ever. Having my son grow up and becoming independent made me so proud, and yet so Momma bear mode it was crazy. You'll always be a Dad and she will appreciate it, maybe not now but for sure later. :-). I hate to admit it but even while my son was at Parris Island, I kept track of his daily schedule so I would know what he was going through.
I hope your daughter enjoys her trip and that she appreciates her time in Europe. She'll be home before your know it with stories and memories that will last a life time.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I can get some sleep now her flight landed in Amsterdam about 15 minutes ago.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online