I think he found a home with us.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Today we have the pleasure of giving an unnamed cat a home. He was abandoned near our train station locked in his pottybox, his scratching post strewn on the other side of the fence. Our neighbor took him in for two weeks but is unable to keep him, unfortunately, because he keeps on mounting their female cat. But otherwise they would've loved to adopt him.

He stayed the whole day under the shelf. Our neighbor said at their place he didn't eat for 2 days and didn't come out from under the bed for 4. Well today, at 9 PM he came out, explored around, ate, rubbed his scent at the carpet and furniture and hissed and snarled at Bifi.

He is not happy about Bifi. From under the shelf he would snarl and hiss at my boy if Bifi so much as give him a curious glimpse. Now that he's more relaxed he just hisses whenever Bifi comes too close.

Bifi on the other hand is very happy and excited (as always whenever his four-legged friends would visit) to have someone furry in the flat. He would very carefully go near him and backs off when the cat hisses. He had tried several times to get near the cat and would try to get closer so long as the cat won't hiss. one hiss and he backs off. The first time the cat came out of hiding i told Bifi to wait and he listened. he leaves the cat alone majority of the time. This is suppose to be just a trial period if everything would work out as no one knows if the cat is scared of dogs or if he atleast tolerates them. All i was hoping for was for the cat to be tolerant of dogs for all this to work out and i got my wish. I think we're going to be ok. Now what to name him lol.

2014-06-08 15.07.50.jpg2014-06-08 21.16.10.jpg2014-06-08 21.16.57.jpg2014-06-08 22.31.55.jpg

***Update: Bifi got swiped at his snout. Daddy is not happy :whistle:.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh what a sweet kitty… How old is Bifi? Most young dogs have NO issues w/cats, I've had both for years… however I'm sure the cat isn't thrilled… Lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Love that last pic!! Watch that cat around Bifi's eyes, he may just hop a flight to L.A. :w00t:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww he's cute, I hope it works out for you, maybe since Bifi got scratched, he won't get so close to the cat, and they'll learn to just tolerate each other. I think he looks like a Smudge, or Oreo.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh what a sweet kitty… How old is Bifi? Most young dogs have NO issues w/cats, I've had both for years… however I'm sure the cat isn't thrilled… Lol

Indeed! lol the cat is not happy at all but he atleast tolerates Bifi so long as he is not cornered. Bifi is one year two months old and just wants some loving from the kitty.

Love that last pic!! Watch that cat around Bifi's eyes, he may just hop a flight to L.A. :w00t:

hahaha tell me about it! My husband is very worried he might come home with having a one-eyed Bifi. He is not happy about the cat at all. I have to move Bifi's water dish because the cat is guarding it and he can't even have a drink.

Aww he's cute, I hope it works out for you, maybe since Bifi got scratched, he won't get so close to the cat, and they'll learn to just tolerate each other. I think he looks like a Smudge, or Oreo.

Thank you! Great name suggestions thank you for that too! We need to put shelves on the wall where he can rest without Bifi needing love from him lol. And a tall scratching post.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
They will find their peace with each other. The cat is getting used to the house still. I think you should name him Lucky. He is lucky to have found you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's so sweet of you to adopt this cat, [MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION] ! Do you consider yourself a "cat person"? The reason I ask is, I've often thought of adopting a kitty cat b/c i see so many strays but I've never really been a "cat person" myself. I would be curious to see how Bifi and your kitty get along as time goes by.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Uh, congrats..? LOL!! How sweet of you and your neighbor to not only rescue but provide it with a home

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.