Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hmm i kind of side with Lisa way of thinking here ,on the other hand i remember Colin having fits over my mum cooking in our house -to this day i dont really know "whats the problem " as he never gave me a proper explanation
Try to speak to him ,maybe hes got more sensible reason than my hubby , if not -i say "dont like it dont eat it" ;-)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
That's a pretty damn good deal if you ask me. If Joe doesn't like it, then he can alternate cooking days with you so you can get a break, or just shut up and eat what he gets when it's served. Honestly the person that doesn't have to prepare dinner every single night after working all day just doesn't get it. It's so frustrating to have to plan meals all the time and then cook them when you come home exhausted. Not so long ago my eldest asked what was for dinner then proceeded to complain. I work a full 8 hour day and commute an hour coming and going. If she wants something grander then she sure as hell can give it a shot herself. It's hard. Honestly if your sister is happy to help I say take it. It probably makes her feel a lot better as well being able to give you back a little something for always being there for her.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Kelly...does he normally have a problem with your sister? Or is it anytime your family is center of attention he gets jealous? I don't understand some of his actions....and probably never will. He is a complicated man with a complicated history.

His is VERY complicated WITH a complicated history. Nothing against my sister, I tried again tonight to talk to him and he keeps saying it just don't feel right and I would never understand. In the mean time I plan on eating it and fixing him nothing.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Does he think it's wrong because he feels she shouldn't have to pay your nice gesture back, or is it that he just likes his routine and doesn't want another person added to your mealtime? I think he's being ridiculous, but he must have some sort of reason to be so mad at a kind gesture from your sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa she would not be here for dinner she offered to cook, I pick it up when I get off work and then bring it home for Joe and I. He still refuses to eat it, I seen my shrink tonight and even he couldn't figure out, totally baffeling. I will eat and will NOT cook anything for him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lisa she would not be here for dinner she offered to cook, I pick it up when I get off work and then bring it home for Joe and I. He still refuses to eat it, I seen my shrink tonight and even he couldn't figure out, totally baffeling. I will eat and will NOT cook anything for him.

Well he's a doof cuz it sounds delicious!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
My husband has some complicated issues also. I can realistically see him having an issue with this. I don't see anything wrong with it because my sister has done the same thing for me many times. At one point when I was working 76 hours a week and driving 21 hours a week to get there, my sister fed my children every single night and sent food for me for my dinner and for lunch the next day. This went on for 3 or 4 months. I know that I have to present a subject like this in the right way to avoid conflict. Or wait until the fit is over and try to have a normal conversation about it. You're husband may be different than mine, but sometimes they see the world in a different way. My husband has PTSD and TBI and other issues from his military experience. (The nicest way I know how to say it) Hopefully you can get him to see it's not an issue that he needs to worry about. You could try telling him you don't NEED help from your sis but it's so nice that she is doing something out if appreciation for your help and you'd like to let her if he don't mind. In my case it's the presentation that makes a world of difference. Good luck.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Can't he understand that she is trying to do something for you in return for all you are doing for her so that she doesn't feel like a mooch? She may feel like she's taking advantage of you and is trying to even the count by doing something for you to help you out. Does he not like her cooking is he a finicky eater? shoot when you're hungry you'll eat what's there no matter who cooked it! and you'll like it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.