ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Some of you already know about my drama this morningā€¦ had to rush Logan to the ER w/abdominal pain very early this morning. It was pretty severe, and I was scared to death that it was his appendixā€¦ ended up a kidney stone. His right kidney was inflamed so they believe he either passed the stone, or he's going to pass it. Didn't show up on the CT scan. I'm just relieved that he didn't have to have surgery...

One year ago I had to have surgery to remove a kidney stone that had been discovered months priorā€¦ it was HORRIBLE!!! I can't put into words how painful kidney stones are, it's unbearable...

Logan is home, resting and taking medsā€¦ now it's a wait and see game :( I'm beyond stressed, so tired of this continuous crapā€¦ :yell:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Re: Dear GOD my lifeā€¦ Ugh!!!

Sorry to hear about the stress. Hope it all gets better soon. Life definitely likes to heap it on at times. Sending you a big hug. :hug::hug:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)

Ugggghhhh kidney stones. I am glad no surgery for now, hope Logan gets better soon and things calm down to a dull roar.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)

I'm very sorry to hear that. I deal with them as well. I looked online for a easy way to pass them and break them down so the pass is not bad and lemon juice look it up on YouTube it works. Makes them small enough to pass very easy.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

That's really scary and stressful, Tracey. Reading about Logan's emergency reminds me to quit sweating the small stuff in life. Our health is so important! Glad he's feeling better and I hope he did pass the stone. :assurred:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)

Some of you already know about my drama this morningā€¦ had to rush Logan to the ER w/abdominal pain very early this morning. It was pretty severe, and I was scared to death that it was his appendixā€¦ ended up a kidney stone. His right kidney was inflamed so they believe he either passed the stone, or he's going to pass it. Didn't show up on the CT scan. I'm just relieved that he didn't have to have surgery...

One year ago I had to have surgery to remove a kidney stone that had been discovered months priorā€¦ it was HORRIBLE!!! I can't put into words how painful kidney stones are, it's unbearable...

Logan is home, resting and taking medsā€¦ now it's a wait and see game :( I'm beyond stressed, so tired of this continuous crapā€¦ :yell:
Sorry to hear this but glad you listened and took him asap. I do have one question though. Which is more painful, a kidney stone or childbirth? :evil:

That's really scary and stressful, Tracey. Reading about Logan's emergency reminds me to quit sweating the small stuff in life. Our health is so important! Glad he's feeling better and I hope he did pass the stone. :assurred:

Okay, I am not feeling so sorry for myself now!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie

Well hopefully it already passed, and glad it wasn't worse than it was.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Sorry to hear this but glad you listened and took him asap. I do have one question though. Which is more painful, a kidney stone or childbirth? :evil:

Okay, I am not feeling so sorry for myself now!!

OH HELL kidney stone BY FAR, and I had my daughter naturally and she weighed in at 9 lbs 10 oz. With labor you have a build up before the big contraction and then it subsidesā€¦ kidney stone pain is 100% full on, and sometimes no relief for hours. You also can't get in a position to make the pain stopā€¦ my hubby found me in a fetal position on the bathroom floor. Some people faint when they pass a stone the pain it is so intense...

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I'm very sorry to hear that. I deal with them as well. I looked online for a easy way to pass them and break them down so the pass is not bad and lemon juice look it up on YouTube it works. Makes them small enough to pass very easy.

I drank lemon juice, and I also drank olive oil :bad: it was horrible so I had kidney pain AND I wanted to vomit. NOTHING helped so I had to have surgeryā€¦ the stone was imbedded in my uterus, and blocking urine flow!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

OH HELL kidney stone BY FAR, and I had my daughter naturally and she weighed in at 9 lbs 10 oz. With labor you have a build up before the big contraction and then it subsidesā€¦ kidney stone pain is 100% full on, and sometimes no relief for hours. You also can't get in a position to make the pain stopā€¦ my hubby found me in a fetal position on the bathroom floor. Some people faint when they pass a stone the pain it is so intense...

I have a friend who has done several triathlons...just a very strong, atheletic person; he passed a kidney stone and was crying like a baby b/c it HURT him so much!!! Is Logan on some strong pain meds?

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)

I drank lemon juice, and I also drank olive oil :bad: it was horrible so I had kidney pain AND I wanted to vomit. NOTHING helped so I had to have surgeryā€¦ the stone was imbedded in my uterus, and blocking urine flow!!!

Oh wow that sucks not fun. I know what that feels like. Sorry the juice didn't help. Well I hope you find something to help pass it along.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

I am glad to hear that it was nothing too serious. Kidney stones do suck and are very painful.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

image.jpgimage.jpgOh My God Tracey, I'm just reading this now, I'm so sorry I missed your thread this morning, and having to take Logan to the emergency. I'm so glad he's okay, and it wasn't his appendix, but it must have been really scary, I hope he passed the kidney stone already, and he feels better soon. It seems there's always something going on in our lives, with health, kids, bullies, and stress. Lol. But I guess that's just life, and it keeps us on our toes. You've been through a lot this past year, and I had my fair share of stuff, but we survived, and things can only go up from here. We just have to count our blessings, and keep positive, and be grateful for what we have. I always say there's always someone out there that is worse off than me, so I stay grateful for the things that I have and for the things that are good in my life. Sending love and prayers that Logan is okay. Feel better.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I have a friend who has done several triathlons...just a very strong, atheletic person; he passed a kidney stone and was crying like a baby b/c it HURT him so much!!! Is Logan on some strong pain meds?

They put him on Toradol for pain and Promethazine for the vomitingā€¦ I felt so bad he was vomiting and sweating so bad at the ER. God I'm glad he could walk in there himself, I can't carry him and Ray's in Seattle. I have Lortabs and I have some that I keep on hand in case I get another oneā€¦ I have woken up in the middle of the night, crawling from the bedroom to get my meds.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Poor guy, my boss had them and had to catch the stone in a strainer because the doctors wanted to research it. He used to fall down on the floor and go into the fetal position and cry and i would just be amazed. I hope he passed it and there's nothing more.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online