Healthy recipes?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ok its the new year so I am looking up my healthy recipes and starting making them more often. We need more variety that is easy and healthy. Anyone have some good ones?!?!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'll look to see what I have when I get home. The recipes I keep tend to be the bad ones LOL. I think I'm boring because when I do my "healthy" cooking it's super simple. I cook a meat like chicken, steak, etc, then a healthier starch like canned whole black beans seasoned or rice and then a GOOD vegetable like broccoli. Broccoli is my favorite and its really filling so I load up on the vegetables, a small portion of the starchy side and just an average size portion of meat. I'll look at my recipes when I get home though. [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] is there any style of food you guys don't like? I know the healthy recipes I tend to find are "asian inspired." I really need to try to cook better too, I worry about both Dave and I because heart disease runs in his family and mine. Like guess whats for dinner tonight, I have beef strognaff in the crock pot at home! Not a healthy choice! It has probably been torturing the pups all day LOL

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No not the healthiest but OH SO YUMMY! :) We like everything also I think. I also go into my chicken mode and make the sides like you but that is why I stop eating healthy I think cuz it gets boring. I do have a few yummy recipes that are healthy but I need more. lol. I am more of a casserole or skillet type of person, or crock pot. I guess easy is the key part in those. :p

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh yeah I LOVE beef strognaff, always been a fav of mine! The crockpot beef stew I make is healthy. I know that one by heart. A lb of stew meat, can of diced stewed tomatoes, that little bag of baby carrots (think its a lb), a small onion chopped, 2 cans of beef broth, garlic, pepper. The recipe calls for potatoes, can't remember how many, my guess would be 2-3 tops. When I make it on a work day I don't even bother with the potatoes because I don't have time to chop that in the morning and they will brown if I do it the night before. Then just all day in the crock pot.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.