ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Re: I have completely LOST my mindā€¦ LOL

Be careful.li know a guy who hit the gym 4 days a week and ran 5 miles a day for years and years and years...now he's a broken down old fart with 2 hip replacements...years of training and exercise and sweat and all for what? Some people are better off just relaxing and watching Netflix all day!

LMAO!!! You are killing me... I honestly miss running, but I know I can't do it anymore. I refuse to have knee surgery... Hopefully bootcamp won't kill me. Hey I finished House of Cards, I need a new series to watch... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)

Be careful.li know a guy who hit the gym 4 days a week and ran 5 miles a day for years and years and years...now he's a broken down old fart with 2 hip replacements...years of training and exercise and sweat and all for what? Some people are better off just relaxing and watching Netflix all day!
do I know this guy? LOL

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster

Stretching proved to be a godsend for this ol' gal - if you don't have time right away after exercising you can do it after a warm bath or shower. And it helps Increase muscle your muscle mass. Try to hold each stretch for 30 seconds. It took the soreness and stiffness way down.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] yeah!!! conquering boot camp!!! lol though i think [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] is right...i do believe his story. if he says it, it must be true LOL.

i have a couple of disturbing movies i can recommend you. I too am running out of series to watch. House of cards is awesome! can't wait for season 3.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

I take Pilates Reformer classes and i thought I was pretty fit before i took those. After i took my first one, i was like...Nope, not fit at all. I only take them once a week in supplement to my other work out but each week I can't walk out of the studio and have a hard time driving home because i'm sore and then days after that is worse. I would like to do a bootcamp and spinning but both scare me terribly.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I take Pilates Reformer classes and i thought I was pretty fit before i took those. After i took my first one, i was like...Nope, not fit at all. I only take them once a week in supplement to my other work out but each week I can't walk out of the studio and have a hard time driving home because i'm sore and then days after that is worse. I would like to do a bootcamp and spinning but both scare me terribly.

You should try bootcampā€¦ the people I have met are so super nice, and they can modify ANY workout. I worry about spinning because of my knees, but it looks like fun!!! :w00t:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Stretching proved to be a godsend for this ol' gal - if you don't have time right away after exercising you can do it after a warm bath or shower. And it helps Increase muscle your muscle mass. Try to hold each stretch for 30 seconds. It took the soreness and stiffness way down.

At the end of class we stretch out ALOTā€¦ for like 10-15min which is awesome. It's amazing how my flexibility has increased after just attending 3 classes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@ddnene yeah!!! conquering boot camp!!! lol though i think @Chumley is right...i do believe his story. if he says it, it must be true LOL.

i have a couple of disturbing movies i can recommend you. I too am running out of series to watch. House of cards is awesome! can't wait for season 3.

You will have to tell me the movies, but if there are SUPER scary I may have to wait till my hubby gets back!!! :unsure: LOL

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

You should try bootcampā€¦ the people I have met are so super nice, and they can modify ANY workout. I worry about spinning because of my knees, but it looks like fun!!! :w00t:
You're nuts LOL. I'll ride my bike any day of the week but spinning...gives me shivers, I don't know why I'm so scared of it. Keep everyone posted on your progress and maybe....maybe i'll look into one around here. I like trying new things.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

You're nuts LOL. I'll ride my bike any day of the week but spinning...gives me shivers, I don't know why I'm so scared of it. Keep everyone posted on your progress and maybe....maybe i'll look into one around here. I like trying new things.

Listen sisterā€¦ if I can do it, YOU can too!!! :victory:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Listen sisterā€¦ if I can do it, YOU can too!!! :victory:

very good encouragement but uhm...i have bad knees (yes both), bad back, bad hips, swollen joints (yes all of it), broken shoulders...you got it lol. yeah i know the message is not for me haha.

ok movies. i highly recommend "Oldboy" with Josh Brolin it would blow your mind i promise you. would like to see the original Japanese version but dunno where to get a blueray copy of that.

"The skin i live in" with Antonio Banderas is one of my favorites! This and Oldboy are both underrated (in box office) but wish they would do smart movies like this more often and stop doing alot of crap with overly paid hollywood actors on the side.

If you haven't seen "Prisoners" with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal do :D.

They are all awesome psychological thrillers. If i can watch it alone, so can you! ;)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

very good encouragement but uhm...i have bad knees (yes both), bad back, bad hips, swollen joints (yes all of it), broken shoulders...you got it lol. yeah i know the message is not for me haha.

ok movies. i highly recommend "Oldboy" with Josh Brolin it would blow your mind i promise you. would like to see the original Japanese version but dunno where to get a blueray copy of that.

"The skin i live in" with Antonio Banderas is one of my favorites! This and Oldboy are both underrated (in box office) but wish they would do smart movies like this more often and stop doing alot of crap with overly paid hollywood actors on the side.

If you haven't seen "Prisoners" with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal do :D.

They are all awesome psychological thrillers. If i can watch it alone, so can you! ;)

Ok girlā€¦ I've got bad knees, and a bad back. I also suffer from swollen joints because of my thyroid condition. I also have a hernia in my stomach area, so I try NOT to kill myself w/sit ups. I modify everything that I can...

I really LIKE Josh Brolin, so I will check Oldboy outā€¦ he's such an underused actor. I'm so damn SICK of TOM CRUISE :bad: when we went to see Godzilla I saw another trailer w/him in it!!! UGHā€¦ he's NOT a great actor. It drives me insane, they use the same people over and overā€¦ same goes for Julia Roberts!!! Ok off my soapboxā€¦ LOL I like anything that Hugh Jackman does so I will check them both out. Thanks for the recommendations, I LOVE psych thrillers!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I just completed my fourth day of bootcamp!!! It was VERY hard today, because we went outside and my allergies are kinda bad. We had to do sprints, which literally KILLED MEā€¦ but I did NOT quit, puke or pee my pants (sorry TMI)!!! I'm telling you, if I can do this you guys can DO THIS!!! :happydance:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.