ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. . .

Today I almost had a nuclear meltdown in front of two students who are a few fries short of a Happy Meal between the two of them. :cursing: :angry: :pissed:

i love you guys and need to get on here more often to help relieve stress. :rain:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry Chris... My "work" has been stressful, ready to strangle my kids & Daddy's gone!!! Please vent away, we all need to let it out!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thanks, Tracey! One of these days my job will be in jeopardy when I ask, "Are you ******* kidding me?!?" We started a new class last night. We have a 450-student waiting list. I had two no call/no shows for the first class of the program. They can't decide if they want to be there or not--when we have literally hundreds of people who want those spots. That was just the start of the day! it doesn't help that my boss's mother is very ill and she isn't there to handle a lot of the crap than then rolls downhill to me. I think I am going to keep a bottle of wine in my file drawer.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When I get close to having a meltdown at work I just come on here and look at pics for a few minutes. It usually helps but for times that it doesn't I just do my own woosaaaaaaaaa thing for about 10 minutes. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks, Tracey! One of these days my job will be in jeopardy when I ask, "Are you ******* kidding me?!?" We started a new class last night. We have a 450-student waiting list. I had two no call/no shows for the first class of the program. They can't decide if they want to be there or not--when we have literally hundreds of people who want those spots. That was just the start of the day! it doesn't help that my boss's mother is very ill and she isn't there to handle a lot of the crap than then rolls downhill to me. I think I am going to keep a bottle of wine in my file drawer.

That is ridiculous, how can people be undecided after the class has started and when others are waiting for a spot?!! I really have a hard time understanding selfish people. You need to have a flask at your desk... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi Chris, sorry you had a hard day Hun, but like everyone said we have all been there at one time or another, and we are all here for you to vent and destress with us. I like your idea of wine in the drawer. Lol. I worked at my job for over 15 years, also in the medical field, but with the Dental Field. I worked for 7 Orthodontists, our clinic saw on average 250 patients a day, we had 12 Hygeinists and 12 chairs and our day started with 12 patients with a 12 o'clock appointment. Each Hygenist had their own column, and we worked on a first come, first serve schedule, only rule was you finished the patient that you started, it was like an assembly line. When I first started there, we had 2 Assisstants per 3 Hygeinists, so 4 in the clinic, and two in the make ready where we sterilized instruments all day. Whenever a girl would quit, leave, get fired, or go back to school, they wouldn't replace that girl. In the end we had only 3 girls total to do everything, and we worked 10 hour days. It became a sweat shop. I developed stress, I have Fibromyalgia, I have a Hypothyroid, and Diabetes. I ended up,taking a sick leave, which by law we are allowed to take for 4 months, it was doctor ordered. While I was away my boss tried to discipline me for missing work, which is against the law here in Canada, when you are on a medical leave of absence, I took my case to the Labor Board, and I won my case. I received a package of one year salary, a letter of recommendation, and a a lump sum for pain and suffering. I've been home for 8 months, which explains why I've been able to be on here so much, and I love it, no more stress, EBN, and my bullies, how can life be any better. Lol. But seriously, my health is getting better, and I'm healing from surgery right now, but I'm getting bored not being out and working. I'm starting school in September and am doing a whole new career change, we have a Government program here called Second Career aimed at 50 plus people who have lost their job through layoff, or to no fault of their own. It is a grant and a way to get a second career. I'm looking forward to school and a change. I hope your week is better Hun.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh how I feel your pain..... love the job, but the people gotta go!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have dealt with animals all my life. They have very seldom been the problem. But the "owners" AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can relate!!!
I have heard that you can't smell Vodka on someone's breath............true? or not? :drink::cheers:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
so sorry :( it's somewhere i think we all have been at one time or another !

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.