The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I can't believe that tomorrow I will be signing the paperwork for my daughter to take 3 dual credit classes in her junior year next year in addition to her 7 high school courses. I am very proud of her but part of me thinks thinks she is insane. Between the classes she is taking this summer, next year, next summer and her senior year she will technically be a college sophomore when she graduates high school. Where was this when I was in school?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Wow how good is that I bet you are so proud of her and see what you meant by all that studying she will need to do.

Congrats on her achievements Todd

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY WOW... that is fantastic! Best of luck to her, it is awesome that she has the drive and determination at such a young age

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Its nuts. My daughter is the total opposite of my son. My son did well in school but only did what he needed to. My daughter can't get enough. Especially with history and english.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW you should be very proud of her Todd… some kids just have that drive, and I would totally encourage her. The rest of her generation… oh well… LOL

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
What I can't believe is the cost savings of taking college classes in high school. Its only like $20 a credit hour which only a fraction of what it would be when she graduates.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good for her. You should be very proud. Just be sure the college she applies to accepts the college credits from H.S. some of them don't. She sounds like quite a young lady. Good job mom and dad!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Already did. All of the in state public colleges here are required to accept it. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Let's see, when I was a junior in high school...hmm...can anyone say M-A-L-L ??

Your daughter sounds like someone with a great head on her shoulders, Todd! Will she be going to Europe for studies this summer? i remember you mentioned that before.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Todd you must be over the moon proud of her, that is a huge workload, she must be a really smart cookie. Just make sure she also still gets to be a kid and have down time, don't let her grow up too fast or burn out. She needs to do fun stuff with her friends too.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Let's see, when I was a junior in high school...hmm...can anyone say M-A-L-L ??

Your daughter sounds like someone with a great head on her shoulders, Todd! Will she be going to Europe for studies this summer? i remember you mentioned that before.

Yes she is. She leaves for Greece and Italy in about a month and next summer she will be heading to London, Paris and Barcelona.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] She still gets to be a kid. She still hangs out with her friends and boyfriend as well as her horse jumping and FFA work plus working on the weekends.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow, she's amazing!!!! You must be very proud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yes she is. She leaves for Greece and Italy in about a month and next summer she will be heading to London, Paris and Barcelona.
@Vikinggirl She still gets to be a kid. She still hangs out with her friends and boyfriend as well as her horse jumping and FFA work plus working on the weekends.

wow what a wonderful daughter! How does she even find the time to have a healthy social life!? Very impressive girl! Now thats what i call a balanced kid! Sounds like you and your wife did a great job raising her. Hats off!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Congrats ...You must be so proud.. Wish I was that motivated at that age !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I am with you. I couldn't get out of school fast enough. I had a 1.95 GPA at the end of my freshman year after screwing around. I had to go to summer school that year and turned it around and graduated with a 4.2 GPA. Even with her 5.62 GPA on a 6 point scale she is barely in the top 25% of her class because she has one on level math class and isn't on the 7 point GPA scale.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online