Book Nerds

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have been obsessed with the girls that were found living in the house in Cleveland with that horrible monster. Last week I found out the one girl, Michelle Knight's book was coming out this week. I pre-ordered and got it Tuesday and i'm finished already. I can't even begin to tell you what an amazing story this woman has. Just to be strong enough to make it though her ordeal and come out on the other side. If you are looking for an easy read but a heart-breaking yet inspiring story, i recommend this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Me-Re...ppings/dp/1602862567/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Also, i'm now looking for a new book...any suggestions?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I LOVE to read as well… I just finished Gone Girl (which was really good by the way)...

Not sure if I could read that story by Michelle Knight, that entire story makes me physically sick to my stomach. How on earth someone can do that to another living person is unimaginable… I watch that damn ID channel too, and some of those stories on there make me cringe...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I watch that damn ID channel too, and some of those stories on there make me cringe...

Tracey, that ID channel is one of guilty pleasures! I'm so hooked on these kind of shows...Dateline is my favorite. I think it's contributed to my paranoia, however!
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION], i read that Michelle Knight also forgave the guy (Castro) for what he did to her. That's pretty amazing.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Ddnene, I read Gone Girl, it's gonna be a movie with Ben Afflick, I wasn't happy with the ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey, that ID channel is one of guilty pleasures! I'm so hooked on these kind of shows...Dateline is my favorite. I think it's contributed to my paranoia, however!
@JennieS, i read that Michelle Knight also forgave the guy (Castro) for what he did to her. That's pretty amazing.

Oh I agree Henny… I like Dateline and the ones about the crazy neighbors/relatives… LOL It DOES make you paranoid though, I double check my doors at night… :unsure:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ddnene, I read Gone Girl, it's gonna be a movie with Ben Afflick, I wasn't happy with the ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah me neither… the movie looks good, but I'm not a HUGE Ben Affleck fan. I'm still fuming that he's going to be Batman :stinkeye: Christian Bale is the ONLY true Batman :hissycry:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION], i read that Michelle Knight also forgave the guy (Castro) for what he did to her. That's pretty amazing.

ID channel is pretty much all we watch besides sports.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I love reading! What genre do you like best?

I'll read pretty much anything. Last year I was reading a lot of horror, odd cause I hate scary stuff. Luke romyn books were good. Right before this book I was reading a Christian novel...so I bounce around a lot. What about you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I LOVE to read as well… I just finished Gone Girl (which was really good by the way)...

Not sure if I could read that story by Michelle Knight, that entire story makes me physically sick to my stomach. How on earth someone can do that to another living person is unimaginable… I watch that damn ID channel too, and some of those stories on there make me cringe...

I was going to read gone girl until I found out about this one I'm on now. Maybe that should be next and the movie looks good and I like to have the books read before the movie.
It's completely disturbing. She says in the beginning she wants to tell her story so people become more aware and pay attention to things that just don't look right. I still can not understand how things like that happen. The psychology behind it intrigues me.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

She's a remarkable woman. To endure torture for that long and come out so positive about life...just wow.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Can't stomach real life horror stuff like this. I can watch it on tv but for some reason when I read it it sticks with me .....like forever. I love to read lately I've been into dystopian fiction for some reason but I tend to read everything besides horror and smutt novels

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I get cheap books from the thrift store all the time so I'm reading totally different stuff all the time. My sister made me read the three Divergent books (she told me to quick read them before the movie came out and ruined them! Lol). I don't normally read trilogy type stuff but those were pretty decent.

I can't think of the title of the book I just started but I know it's about a wife during the civil war. I keep my current reading in the car so I can read while I wait for my girls to get out of school :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.