cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have today off from work and am catching an episode of Pitbulls and Parolees right now. I like it very much. Today's show has a set of Pit Bull/English Bulldog twins who are looking for a home. Unfortunately, the couple who were going to adopt them backed out at the last minute. Looks like her Pit Bull rescue has relocated now to New Orleans. Great show and I highly recommend it!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I've watched it a few times, just started watching Alpha Dogs which is about how they train service dogs that work with police and the military. It's cool stuff

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Anyone else watch this show? It is pretty good!

We watch it off and on and I like it.
[MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION], I respectfully disagree with you though, especially when it comes to our pitties. They have a zero margin for error and if they make the slightest mistake it's could be a death sentence for them. I would not want to see any pit adopted out to those that don't have a fenced yard. When you say "very well yard trained" are you out there with them or do they have free range of the yard? I don't know where you live but in a residential area I can't see that as being good. If I walked by with my three dogs (one of which is a pitty) would Sadie stay in her yard or run out to greet my pack? Now if you're living out in the country that's a different story I guess. Remember, I said I respectfully disagree. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I've seen a couple of episodes of these .. I like that everybody .. human and pit .. are being given a second chance!!:up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I just saw that show recently and I wanted to like it but it was too much about the people and not enough dogs for me...maybe I caught a lame episode.

That is my problem with ALL the drama reality shows.... There are several that have interesting topics that Are way too dramatic.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I've watched it a few times, just started watching Alpha Dogs which is about how they train service dogs that work with police and the military. It's cool stuff

What station is this one on? I just scanned my channels and don't see it anywhere. :confused:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
The whole I wrote to a random stranger on prison , he got out , we got married , then he went back for something "he didn't do" was waaaay to much for me and really kind of makes me ?? the owners judgment. Also most of those dogs never get regular vet care ! Some never leave their kennel s from what I gather. Not the way I think a rescue should run :/

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], i haven't been watching this show for a long time, only 2-3 episodes maybe, but from the one's I did see, I found the main character (Tia) to be very caring towards her Pit Bulls. During the episode I saw yesterday, one of the Pit Bull-EB mixes was showing signs of an illness and she immediately took him to the vet, only to find out that he had a very aggressive mouth cancer. She then made sure the dog would live out his life in a house w/his brother, and not in the kennel. On the other episodes there were some successful adoptions for her pitties. So far, this lady is proving to me that she's doing a whole lot for the unwanted Pit Bulls in New Orleans.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ive seen a few episodes of this show and while i liked what she was doing sometimes its to much parolee drama for me and not enough dog stuff. i think they do it to make the show interesting i guess.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online