Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
which type of vertical blinds to purchase for our sliding glass door. We just tore down the vertical track plastic ones that we got 12 years ago. While they served their purpose...they broke easily if you forgot to turn them before pulling them open. I'm looking for any ideas on a bulldog safe, bulldog tolerant and bulldog proof replacement.

Those of you with sliding glass doors....what do you use and do you recommend it as a possible option for us?

IMG_7136.jpgIMG_5420.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE Vegas.... just push them out of the way and wrap himself around them!

I personally dislike vertical blinds... I have curtains on rings... not drapery,

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I have bamboo roll-ups on my sliding door.Instead of getting one big one, I hung two In the pics you can see right through them-but you really can't. Some light comes through, but you can't see inside,if your outside. I hung them myself(so that means it's EASY!!) and I really love them! They are made like thin slats-I also have bamboo roll-ups in the bedrooms-but they are more like thin sticks. 001.JPG 002.JPG In the winter I hang curtains, to make house more insulated. But in the summer, I just have the bamboos. As you can tell, I haven't taken the "drapes" down yet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We had the same vertical blinds that you have at our old house, but we left them, because our new house came with all window co earrings. The windows all have white horizontal wood blinds, and the patio door in the living room had hanging drapes, but those were the only exclusion they had on the sale of the house, because they were the owners mothers drapes. I didn't mind because they weren't my style or colour so I would have changed them anyway. Since they left the drapery finial on the wall we just put new drapes up for now. Eventually I would like to put either vertical blinds again and have the drapery panels to the side of the door, or if the budget gets better, I would love to put California shutters on that door. We don't use that door to go outside with the dogs, we use the front door. We I've in a Condo townhouse, and we don't have an enclosed backyard, we only have the side fences between the units, and open in front. You can still use the vertical blinds, but keep them open and to the side during the day, but close them in the evenings. I don't know what else to use other than drapes, verticals, the bamboo blinds that Lynn mentioned, or shutters. Although I did see a new blind on TV, I think they're called Mesh Magic Magnetic blinds, or Magic Mesh, they are see through, and can be used across doorways, or patios, and you walk through them and they open as you go through them, they work for dogs and cats as well. You would have to use drapes for privacy in the evenings because they are see through though. They are sold at The As Seen On TV Store. Maybe somebody will have some other suggestions.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have verticals too, I have to agree with you there a major pita!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used to have curtains on my sliders. I have nothing to add, except I love that Vegas OWNS those blinds! He makes them look good!

Most Reactions