Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have a question for everyone and a suggestion that I thought of this morning. My question is where does everyone put the poop bags after they poop and scoop? At my old house, we had a recycling bin beside the side of the house, where we kept our garbage can, we placed the poop bags in a plastic bag, in the bin until garbage day and then placed the bag in the garbage can on collection day. At our new house, we live in a condominium townhouse complex and we are not allowed to have garbage bins or recycling bins in our backyards. We have a common garbage room for each row of townhouses, where they have bins for garbage, bins for recycling, and green bins for food waste. Everyone places their garbage and recycling in this room in the bins, and every Wednesday night they get placed at the end of the complex for garbage pickup by the city. Over the winter, we didn't walk very far from home, as it has been a brutally cold winter, and we had tons of ice and snow, so I would pick up the poop with the poop bag, and then I brought it into the house, and would flush the poop down the toilet and then throw the bag in the garbage. Now that's its nicer outside, we go for a little longer walks off the complex, and if they poop on the way, I scoop it and then throw the bags in the city trash cans along the way. Now my suggestion that I thought about is yesterday my son and I went to the plaza across the street, and we popped into the PetValu and picked up a few things for the cat, when we were in the cat section I saw a cat litter container to store the dirty litter in, its kind of the same idea as a Diaper Genie where you store the dirty diapers in until you throw them out, and it contains the smell. We wouldn't use this for the kitty litter because we clean the litter box every Wednesday, and put it in a garbage bag, and take it right to the garbage on garbage pick up day, so we don't have to store the soiled litter. I was thinking though that this would be a good idea for the poop bags, I could put it in the backyard or in the garage, and when we have poop bags, we can place them in the receptacle and then put them out in the trash on garbage day. The receptacle would hold the bags until garbage pick up day, and you wouldn't be able to smell them.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Have you a neighbour you don't like who lives near by and has a post box 💩💩💩👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a small aluminum can that we sit on the side o the house next to the garage... trash bag in it and we accumulate for the week. Then on Friday morning we change it out and place the full bag in the garbage to be taken away.

sort of like this

images

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
I live in a condominium complex also. I was throwing the bags into the garbage but the whole garage would sink (we are required to keep our trash bin in the garage except on pickup day). Then one day I found the Flush Puppies brand of bags. Now I just bring the bag inside and flush it down the toilet!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We live in the city, and here everyone uses poop bags that can be thrown into a litter bin (either in special litter bins for dog waste or just ordinary litter bins in town). There are several dog litter bins very close to where we live so I just make sure we go past one of them on our way home.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I like the idea of the flushable poop bags, where do you buy them from?

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petflow and Amazon both have them. Petflow did have them on sale a couple of weeks ago, really cheap. I haven't looked, they may still be that price.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We use a terra cotta flower pot that is pretty deep. But we live on the first floor of a house that gives us the backyard to do with whatever we want. We dump all the bags in the compost every week (or every two weeks, depending on laziness).

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was in Pet Smart yesterday and saw the Flush Puppies bags the too.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks so much Pete, I did go looking in the pet store around my area, but they didn't carry them. We do have lots of Petsmart stores here so I will go there and buy some. Thanks so much for the info.

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You're welcome. They are great. They are also a little more expensive, but they are worth it.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I'm so glad we don't have that problem here! Mabel's offerings get thrown in the woods. I'm getting pretty good at flinging them from the poop scooper! I would have loved the flushable ones when we lived in our old house!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.