I am going through a tough time right now...

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Oh NO April, I'm so so sorry :( He knows that you are there w/him in spirit… sending lots of hugs & prayers your way!!! :angelheart:

thank u so much. and thank u everyone else too. I just want this month to end. nothing good ever comes from it, i swear. two years ago took my aunt who was healthy too, i dont know what it is because im not very superstitious but something about this month is not good for my family. But anyways i did buy a plane ticket for the 30-5 so even though i cant personally say my goodbyes i can still see my family.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
thank u so much. and thank u everyone else too. I just want this month to end. nothing good ever comes from it, i swear. two years ago took my aunt who was healthy too, i dont know what it is because im not very superstitious but something about this month is not good for my family. But anyways i did buy a plane ticket for the 30-5 so even though i cant personally say my goodbyes i can still see my family.
Call the hospital and have them put a phone to him. He will hear you. I am so sorry you are going through this

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

It will certainly help you to be with your family right now, even if your
dear Grandpa has passed on by then. I know how important it is to say
goodbye and I know how sad you are that it might not happen. If so,
remember this, your Grandpa knows how much you loved him, every
day of his life :)

My dearly beloved husband dropped dead standing right beside me in
the ER as a massive heart attack killed him. We had no time to turn to
each other to say goodbye. That is why it's important to show and tell
your loved ones how you feel, every day. As much as it hurt me, he left
this world knowing he was completely & totally loved and was my world.
He knew how happy he had made me and how proud I was to be his
chosen wife of 28 years. And I had the same from him.

I will pray for you, April and am so sorry you are going thru this loss.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm sorry your job duties don't allow for your leave as needed but you need to get in a quiet and prayerful mindset and put yourself with him in spirit. Don't lose or sacrifice your job over this because you will be the only one to suffer from that in the long run and in these tough times you don't need that. We are praying for you and your family during this most difficult time.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
I am sorry you are going through this. I do not have the words to give the comfort I would like. But I think, whatever your situation, as long as grandfather knows you love him that matters more than if you can or cannot be there in person. I know it would matter more to me to know I was loved than anything else. I am sending prayers your way and I hope you heal from your pain quickly.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
April, any news about your grandfather?!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, April, my heart goes out to you as you go through this pain with your Grandfather, I'm so sorry. I agree with others that as long as your Grandpa knows you love him, he will feel your love. Ask a family member to put a phone to his ear so you can talk to him, tell him you love him, and he can hear your voice I'm sure this would give him comfort. It's hard when your family is so far away, I'm glad your going to go and see them. Know we are all here for you, and I'm sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family, and especially your Grandpa. Take care Hun.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
April, any news about your grandfather?!!

still alive and kickin but not feeling so hot. :[ and thank you to everyone. really means alot!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am so sorry April t hear this I know where you are coming from I hate August I wish I could go to sleep on the 31 July and wake up the 1st September every year and just miss Aug. I too think maybe ring your grandpa and talk with him he would know in his heart you would be there if you could.

My prayers and wishes are with you right now I wish I could be of help to you even to have Jovi but being so far away I am unable, but please remember you are in the thoughts of us all at EBN :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
April, so sorry to hear your sad news. Do call and talk to your Grandpa. He may not be able to talk-but he WILL hear you and he will know. Prayers for you and your family.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
thank you everybody. seriously. You have no idea how much you;re helping me through this. I cannot believe how awesome everybody on here is. :heart: So far he is still in the hospital. I am HOPEING so much that maybe if this is destined to happen that he holds off on letting go until he sees me. 2 more weeks! The doctors say it could be days or weeks, it all depends.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Just an update on my grandfather, I received a phone call at 9 this morning that he had passed away this morning. Today marked the 2 year anniversary for my aunt's passing and now my grandfather. It's going to make a hard easter for me but happy easter everybody!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just an update on my grandfather, I received a phone call at 9 this morning that he had passed away this morning. Today marked the 2 year anniversary for my aunt's passing and now my grandfather. It's going to make a hard easter for me but happy easter everybody!!

My sincerest condolences, dear April, on your sad news.
And also, for the loss of your aunt. I'm miss my Hubby
ever more as time marches on, not less. I think we just
learn to live with their loss in our lives and deal with the
grief. May GOD's comfort & peace envelope you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.