I am going through a tough time right now...

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So my entire life the month of april has been a curse. Nothing but bad comes from this month in my life, and although I dreaded the first.... I did not expect this. My grandpa who has had a clean bill of health, got rushed to the hospital this week for cancer. He isnt going to make it through the week. I'm in NY and my entire family is in Arizona. I cannot think straigh and really need some words of encouragement right now. Please.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Maybe if you call and talk to your grandpa it might make things a bit better. I bet a big part of this is that Jovi is away right now but she will be home soon and will definitely make things better. We're here for you April, try to get your mind off the bad stuff, do something that you really like to do.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family. If you need to go to be with your family, Jovi is more than welcome to visit Long Island and hang out with Brutus and Frankie.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Sorry you're going through this. It really is tough when you're so far from your family. Stay strong, you'll be OK :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hugs and many prayers to you and your family. See if there is a way you can call to talk to him or if someone in your family can get you connected ona phone with Skype and you can see each other.... it is worth a try

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
honestly i dont think he is in the type of condition to talk to me on the phone :[. he is really really bad. im trying to go see them but im so low on cash and my boss is giving me **** if i take time off to go this weekend. I would have to go on the 28th if anything and by then he may not even be alive :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
honestly i dont think he is in the type of condition to talk to me on the phone :[. he is really really bad. im trying to go see them but im so low on cash and my boss is giving me **** if i take time off to go this weekend. I would have to go on the 28th if anything and by then he may not even be alive :(

how could a real human being give you crap over this? seriously?

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
how could a real human being give you crap over this? seriously?

i dont know considering i am the only one who is reliable at work and i have NEVER ever called in. but sat and sunday are out busiest days. but it takes an entire day to get there and back so me leaving on friday and coming back on tues would only leave 3 days for me with my family... but she wasnt too happy about this so i wanted to go the following week but then both my managers will be on vacation and she said nobody will be able to cover me... so if anything I cant go until the 28. :[

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i dont know considering i am the only one who is reliable at work and i have NEVER ever called in. but sat and sunday are out busiest days. but it takes an entire day to get there and back so me leaving on friday and coming back on tues would only leave 3 days for me with my family... but she wasnt too happy about this so i wanted to go the following week but then both my managers will be on vacation and she said nobody will be able to cover me... so if anything I cant go until the 28. :[

so not right on so many levels..... so sorry

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
April, I'm so very sorry to hear about this… and your boss seems to be making this worse. I agree w/everyone else maybe you could Skype him, although in his condition that may not be possible. If he could hear your voice, I'm sure he would appreciate it even if he doesn't respond to you. I've been thru this many times w/family members… it's a horrible situation for you and your family. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way… you will get thru this, and we will be here for you to vent, cry, whatever you need :assurred:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
No way. That isn't even human for them to deny you. Can you try to talk to them and see if you can go before anything bad happens?? I hope everything works out for you. By the way, how did Jovi do with her surgery?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry April, for your grandpa and for you. Is your employer aware of the Family Medical Leave Act? it's a federal law that allows employees to take time off for serious medical issues in ones family. Your g-pa's healthy condition is CERTAINLY a serious one!! You have every right to take time off and if your manager doesn't allow than they are in violation of this law. I pray you will be able to take time off to see him.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
No way. That isn't even human for them to deny you. Can you try to talk to them and see if you can go before anything bad happens?? I hope everything works out for you. By the way, how did Jovi do with her surgery?

she made me feel like sh** for even asking so im thinking about going the 30-5 now. Idk if he can last that long but all I can do is hope and pray. If he doesnt it will still be nice to see my mom and grandma and my whole family, but i really wish I could say my goodbyes to him before anything. It doesnt even sound like he will make it by wed at this point :[.

and jovi is doing good. I guess she got out of surgery a few hours ago and wokeup about 2 hours ago. They wont feed her until morning and when they do it will be purina puppy chow. She will be there until 4 tomorrow :[ I just wish she was here right now

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
as an update: my grandpa is ICU, code blue. They dont think he will make it through the night. :*(:pouting::tissue:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
as an update: my grandpa is ICU, code blue. They dont think he will make it through the night. :*(:pouting::tissue:

Oh NO April, I'm so so sorry :( He knows that you are there w/him in spirit… sending lots of hugs & prayers your way!!! :angelheart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online