A receipe for the best teriyaki sauce.....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Do you have it? Where can I get it? I just got a rice cooker for Christmas and I want to make teriyaki Chicken. Which sauce (besides buying it from the restaurant) is the yummiest?

NOTE:

While you are more than welcome to post recipes here on English Bulldog News, we would also like to invite you to our newly created forum just for recipe sharing! Inspired by the popularity of our recipe swap here at English Bulldog News. Click the link below!

http://tastetestedrecipes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh i cannot wait to see a receipe for that....love that but never can make it...i have to buy the "jar" stuff....I have a rice cooker/steamer and love love it. I use it all the time but I could eat rice everyday and NOT get sick of it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yoshida's ORIGINAL Gourment sauce is the best. BEST.

Do you have Living Cookbook for your PC? I have a few good recipes that would go well with your rice. :D

I have always had a rice cooker. As a matter of fact, I have no clue how to make rice without one???

P.S. Jasmine rice is the best.... :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think I posted teriyaki pork roast recipe before.....I will try to search for it. apple juice, soy sauce and brown sugar are the main ingredients. I would suppose you could use it for chicken too.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
what a tease I thought you were posting a recipe. haha. Never tried the yoshidas but have never been happy with any I have made at home. Will have to look for that one.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Teriyaki Pork Roast

1 boneless pork shoulder (I used a bone in roast it still worked)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/3 cup soy sauce (I have to use Kikkoman’s)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water

Cut roast in half (I put three slices through the boned roast leaving the bone joining all). Rub with brown sugar
Place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook o low for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Strain juices and return to the slow cooker
Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices.
Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Slice pork; serve with gravy.

Yeild:6-8 servings
Source: Taste of Home Magazine January/February 2007

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Also Yoshida's makes a teriaki sauce but the gormet sauce is the bomb!!!!

I usually make everything from scratch sauce wise but not this because I found this sauce. I am having a hard time typing because Sedona is hitting keys so forgive my graammar errors.

yoshidas.jpg

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm with Jenn, what a tease! I thought I was going to find the "best teriyaki sauce" recipe LOL. Sorry, I don't have any teriyaki recipes :( I use whatever bottled stuff is on sale :eek:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] LOL .. me too now ... I'm starving! :yes:

However, here it is 12.15 so it's time for lunch ..... yeah, signing off and heading out to pick up some lunch!! :up:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I cannot tell if it is Daddy or Maggie in your avatar picture (looks like daddy but when i guess i am never right) but whoever it is, what is he doing? That is such a funny pic looks like he is in wrapping paper.....was he helping you wrap? Too cute. :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I gotta try that roast recipe for sure! I wonder if it would be good in the crock pot?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] My avatar is Maggie on christmas eve. I was trying to wrap up the last few presents and she insisted on stepping on the wrapping paper and just wouldn't get off, so I "wrapped her up" and it seems to have had the same effect that [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has with Orion when she puts clothes on her. Orion stops moving and so did Maggie :up:. So Maggie stayed "wrapped up" until I felt too guilty ...... :eek:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] okay that's funny! I cannot keep either one of mine still enough to take a pic so maybe I need to wrap them up. If Lola is still, Brodie is moving or biting at her. If Brodie is stil, well never mind, he is NEVER still. I took two last night and they are ones where he is laying on the rug in the kitchen because it is close to dinner time. I think he is scared he is going to miss it so he goes in there about 5:30 and stays until he is fed. They are so funny!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] If you take notice, there is a reason why every pic of Daddy is of him sleeping!!!! The ONLY chance of a photo op is when his eyes are closed! :whistle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online