DSLR Camera Info

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Hello all. I am currently researching DSLR cameras. We just recently bought our first trailer and we also have our first dog, puppy EB and we will be taking pictures like crazy. So I have been looking at the Canon Rebels and the Nikon D3200. I was wondering what other peoples thoughts are on these cameras, if you have one. If anyone does have a DSLR camera please let me know your thoughts (likes/dislikes) and if you had too would you buy that brand again or would you change brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[h=1]Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 SLR Digtial Camera with Sony 18-70mm Lens[/h]
This is what I have… I copied it off google… LOL

I've had it for several years, so it's an older model compared to your choices. I've been very pleased w/it, extremely user friendly since the hubby & kids use it as well. I have used it to take action shots of my nephews soccer games, kid pics, and puppy pics of course. I primarily purchased it to take outdoor photos that I can paint at home. I would purchase this camera again!!!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My personal opinion -its not so much the camera body but the investments in lens is a great idea
And also i would suggest to go to the shop and try few cameras out
I had sony a300 as my first dslr and i loved it ,but upgraded few years later to canon 7d (now they are much cheaper) -i liked the feel and ease of access in both
I won a nikon 1 -its a compact camera with interchangeable lenses and tbh im really impressed , its so portable yet very easy to use

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My personal opinion -its not so much the camera body but the investments in lens is a great idea
And also i would suggest to go to the shop and try few cameras out
I had sony a300 as my first dslr and i loved it ,but upgraded few years later to canon 7d (now they are much cheaper) -i liked the feel and ease of access in both
I won a nikon 1 -its a compact camera with interchangeable lenses and tbh im really impressed , its so portable yet very easy to use

Is the Nikon your favorite? I didn't want to spend a ton w/my first camera… LOL

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I use canon mostly as i do surprisingly for my amateur and learner -i take quite a lot of photos for military charities
But i was surprised by how much this little compact can do -my nikon came with 1 lens but there are quite a few to buy and im considering to buy few and use it as my go camera when im out with girls ,hubby in his wheelchair ,and Olivia that always gets up to no good-so carry a big camera is not ideal in my case

All depends what you want to achieve hun , i like the lil nikon
-but it is not a dslr

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Canon here. I have 3 and they are all Canon's. My newest one is the Canon 60D. I've had it for a few years and I love it! But like Pati said...it's the lens that counts. Invest in a quality lens and you can't go wrong. I know Costco sells the Nikons with two lenses. It's a really great deal.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Canon here. I have 3 and they are all Canon's. My newest one is the Canon 60D. I've had it for a few years and I love it! But like Pati said...it's the lens that counts. Invest in a quality lens and you can't go wrong. I know Costco sells the Nikons with two lenses. It's a really great deal.

UGH… I wish we had a Costco here :(

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Costco.com take a look and see if you like what they have. If you do... Let me know via PM [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

*Blah blah blah iPhone blah blah blah*

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Costco.com take a look and see if you like what they have. If you do... Let me know via PM @ddnene

*Blah blah blah iPhone blah blah blah*

Thanks Cheryl… ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH… I wish we had a Costco here :(

Really? I live 15 mins from one and 30mins from another one? Guess what... Never been in either of them. :)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Really? I live 15 mins from one and 30mins from another one? Guess what... Never been in either of them. :)

We have a Sams here, and I would prefer Costco… you don't have to buy tribe sized items!!! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a Sams here, and I would prefer Costco… you don't have to buy tribe sized items!!! LOL

Sams is about an hour away and there is a BJWarehouse about 30 mins, which is where I go about twice a year

OP
BullyWyatt

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
Thank you all for the info. Most of the people that I have chatted with about DSLR's say that they love the Canon's. They do look user friendly and easy for first timers. But when I compare features of the Canon rebel T3i/T4i to the Nikon D3200 the Nikon is more impressive and for the same price if not cheaper at certain stores. I will have to go to the stores and try them out and see what works best for us. We do have a compact digital camera for those quick pics that need to be taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Canon all the way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Love my cannon, I got a whole setup back in '02 on EBay with extra lenses, bag, tripod, filters, ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online