The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ok call me crazy but I am a GoT nut. Read all the books several times and watched all of the seasons of the show. Had we known that most of the cast would have been at SXSW earlier this month we would have been there ourselves. So this weekend my wife and I are taking a much needed and well deserved break from the majority of our adult duties to sit back, relax and watch seasons 1, 2 and 3 back to back in preparation of season 4 starting next weekend. It is going to be fun cuddling and chilling with 3 of my 4 girls this weekend and I am really excited for what I hope is another great season.

Anyone else a GoT nut or am I just an oddball?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
read the books from 1 to 4 or 5 am not sure where i stopped reading...i forgot which book is that that they introduced the big female Knight or was it the book after that that i stopped reading because i feel like the author was stalling lol, i wanted to know about the 2 youngest boys that survived with their wolves but it wasn't on the 5th or 6th. watched the first season of the show :D.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Brianne was introduced in the second book as one of Renley's guards. Dance of Dragons is the 5th book and Winds of Winter will be the 6th when it is finally released. I agree that Martin is stalling and only making matters worse by the release of a chapter from Winds of Winter earlier this week as a tease. This season should be crazy as the 4th book is my favorite. At least I hope it is.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
I love it too! I read all 5 books, then listened to all five books on audio, and of course watched all the season, which in my opinion do not compare to the books. All of the actors are wonderful, my favorite being Peter Dinklage. I also have all the reading materials outside if the original books. I think I know who Azhor Assai is!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
DANG IT!!! Another series that I want to see… but I don't have HBO :( I heard that some of the seasons are on Netflix… I'm so far behind… LOL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I don't have time to read books ... I can't even find the time to read my textbooks! ... so I downloaded all the seasons.

Going to have to download this season too for a month till I move to a new place that, hopefully, will have HBO. I love these types of shows. Great writing, great actors, great scenery.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Brianne was introduced in the second book as one of Renley's guards. Dance of Dragons is the 5th book and Winds of Winter will be the 6th when it is finally released. I agree that Martin is stalling and only making matters worse by the release of a chapter from Winds of Winter earlier this week as a tease. This season should be crazy as the 4th book is my favorite. At least I hope it is.

rught! then what book was it that it's not about the boys anymore...hmmm i know i read atleast 3 books and didnt finish the fourth. if thats your favorite maybe i should give it a try again. i love the parts about the dragons and the boys.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
rught! then what book was it that it's not about the boys anymore...hmmm i know i read atleast 3 books and didnt finish the fourth. if thats your favorite maybe i should give it a try again. i love the parts about the dragons and the boys.

The 4th book is mostly Arya, Tyrion and some John Snow with a little of Daenerys and Sansa. The 5th book Dance of Dragons is 85% Danenerys.

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
GoT is my favorite show. I'm only on book two. Can't wait for the season to start!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
A slavering idiot fan here...got HBO just for the 'way to long in-between'
and 'way to short seasons' of GoT. Got all the books and waiting for the 6th.
I can't overstate how unbelievably looooooong the wait for April 6th to arrive.
Wish I had been well enough to attend SXSW this year, how fantastic to meet
the actors & actresses!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My wife couldn't believe the girl playing Brianne is a 6'3" model. The makeup team did an outstanding job on her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My wife couldn't believe the girl playing Brianne is a 6'3" model. The makeup team did an outstanding job on her.

My best friend of 30 yrs, Donna Hebenstreit (from St Louis) was 6'1 flat footed.
We made such a pair as I'm 5'3 & 1/2, lol However, I wore stilettos all the time
so helped somewhat :)

Brianne is one of my favs on the show.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dang this isn't on Netflix, looks like a show I would love! Bummer cuz I've been looking for a new good Netflix series to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
The 4th book is mostly Arya, Tyrion and some John Snow with a little of Daenerys and Sansa. The 5th book Dance of Dragons is 85% Danenerys.

ok gotta get my books back and reread the 4th book, lent them to someone (when book 4 was released) and haven't seen them since.

Dang this isn't on Netflix, looks like a show I would love! Bummer cuz I've been looking for a new good Netflix series to watch.

House of cards is also an awesome series from Netflix, well atleast for me. Love Kevin Spacey.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

I strongly recommend reading the books if you haven't. The show os great but there is so much that is left out of each episode because of the time constraints.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online