brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I just got to work today to learn that a colleague of mine lost his home, all of his possessions and his dog and cats to a home fire early Saturday morning. Thank god He, his wife and two girls made it out alive. I am sick to my stomach for him. He truly is the nicest man. I wonder why things like this have to happen to good people. They had a beautiful Husky and two cats that are now no longer with us. Their kids are devastated. We are taking collections personally and through our union to try to help them buy clothing and whatever they need. Please say a pray for the Colon family and hug everyone you hold dear to you because none of us know what tomorrow will bring.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Rosalie, just terribly sorry to hear of their devastating losses. It will take some
time for them to recover however, they will be forever changed by this. As you
know my story, you know I do understand what they feel and will be feeling. Of
course, thankfully...they all have each other to lean on and didn't lose their lives.
However, in a weird way, being able to be thankful for what you DO have, takes
it's own time to truly 'get it' and feel it. In August, it will be 2 years since losing my
beloved husband, Stuart and health & life insurances due to his recent job change.
I lost my way of life, my financial security and many other things. Altho, I was very
grateful for what I did have, it's taken until recently to overcome deep depression
and raging anger to again, be truly thankful for what I have. It's true that grief &
loss have stages to go thru and you cycle back & forth between them a long time.
I will keep the Colons on my heart and in my thoughts as well as continued prayers
that GOD sees them thru this tremendous loss safely, they feel HIS loving kindness
daily and they are able to comfort one another and move forward in life with help
from their friends, family & community.

Thank you, dear Rosalie, for letting us know and please list any information such as
a fund set up that we can contribute to. GOD bless YOUR compassionate & kind heart.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh my god this is horrible! My deepest sympathy goes for him and his family :(:cry:. This is truly devastating.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Carol. I know you truly understand what they are going through. The link where donations can be made is http://www.gofundme.com/7rhvgk. I thank everyone who can find anything to send to these wonderful people.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sending lots of prayers for this family. Absolutely devastating.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing my pets like that, my prayers go out to them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So heartbreaking, I send lots of prayers to them. I went through this with my father after 87+ yrs, he lost everything in less than an hour. We were luck he was able to get out of the house physically unharmed, but with only the clothes on his back, nothing more. Took weeks to find a rental, months for furniture and clothing.... you have no understanding of all you have till it is not there to grab on to... things and people. As Carol stated, there are many phases to grief, unfortunately my father did not recover from the depression to his heart and soul of losing his home.

many many prayers to the Colon family

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Rosalie, I'm so sorry to hear this… sending prayers to the family!!! :(

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. You guys are great.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So sorry they're going through right now. Can't imagine how it feels. Sending positive vibes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.