Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So, what are your (not bulldog related) New Year resolutions for 2011?

Mine, I hate to say it, is going to be catching up on reciepts and books, I have been slacking. And doing a good scrub down of my home and doing more yardwork. Again, SLACKING! These are all things I used to do so well at before this forum, so I need to find that time to get those things done.

Oh, and sort these dang iTunes! Oh, and scrapbook! Um.... need 3 more hours a day I am thinking....

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
mine would be of course working out more, we got p90x so we are gonna start that, wish me luck!!! and getting the house organized and a place for everything, once we get girls room finished that should help since there stuff is sitting in the kitchen :(

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have tons of things to scratch off my list:
- finish painting the house
- keep the house tidy (we're so bad at doing this)
- focus on school/work more. lol.
- spend more time with fam/friends

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Mine would be to clean out all the closets and scrub down the inside and outside of the house. I'm also going to try and lose some weight. Hmmm... I think that's all so far.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hate to sound Cliche' but I quit smoking 9 yrs ago for New Years...so why can't I loose weight for New Years? I can if I want to right?

Also get out of revolving credit debt (with my plan I should reach it)
Sell the house (to down size, I love my house, but don't need this big of one with an empty nest)
Be living in the Avondale/Riverside part of Jacksonville in a nice little 1200sqft Craftsman bungalow (can only achieve if I sell my house)

Of course will all those resolutions comes along...organize, clean, de-clutter this house!! Garage Sale here I come.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] I am with you on the "was able to quit smoking years ago but not able to lose weight." lol. I should say not willing because we all know able isnt the right word. haha.

My list would be to get some more money put away in savings.
Paint the house (lived here for 4 1/2 years and havent even begun to change out the paint)
Scrub a dub also, the nooks and crannys of this house need a detailing for sure!
Try to be healthier and exercise.
Oh and organize more closets and stuff. (add shelves etc)
I am sure there is plenty more but so far thats what I have in my head.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
"My list would be to get some more money put away in savings.
Paint the house (lived here for 4 1/2 years and havent even begun to change out the paint)
Scrub a dub also, the nooks and crannys of this house need a detailing for sure!
Try to be healthier and exercise.
Oh and organize more closets and stuff. (add shelves etc)
I am sure there is plenty more but so far thats what I have in my head.[/QUOTE]"

@Cali-Jenn, Girl, don't you have a baby arriving soon? You will have a busy year ahead of you!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Haha, yes we will see how far we get this year with this list huh? It sounds possible today but once this girl comes it will all be out the window I am sure! Maybe I should save the list for next years resolution :lol:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I plan to get back to the way we were last year, alot has changed with family and personal issues over the past 8 months and have let everything go! Spend more quality time with my family and be happy!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I have several and will focus on all and hope to accomplish some. Not in order: put myself on a budget (I love to spend $), build my savings back up which i should be able to do by budgeting (but never budgeted before), help hubby get the garage in order so I can park at least MY car in the garage (he does not know it but that is his new year's resolution), stop gossiping during Mackenzie's dance class and actually watch it, spend more time with family (mom, sister, dad, in-laws - - although they drive me nuts), work less and play more!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I need to get my butt upstairs and SEW!! I have all these projects planned, some partly done, but I end up down here with the girls all day, every day, on my laptop, or knitting or crocheting.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] i have never budgeted either till we got on the dave ramsey thing lol... its been amazing we didnt buy any of the books we have just read and did what everyone else has done and its helped alot!! hopefully we will pay off what we have by the summer and we are still able to finish girls room and the den!!! good luck

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I quit making New Years resolutions many years ago. I figure why set myself up for failure right off the bat every year. I just do what I do, and don't do what I don't do.....works for me.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] thanks for the dave ramsey thing! I have spent a good bit of time today looking at it and hubby at home has been too! Doubt I will buy books but don't really see that you need to! So, what are you doing in your girls room? Mackenzie is 5 now and her room is still pink & sage (from when she was a baby) and she told me the other day...she wanted pink and brown or pink and black...oh my! So we may start on her room....oh if the budget allows.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] the girls are 9 and 6 and they wanna do stripes and polka dots!! the2 walls will be a bright blue and the other 2 a dark red color (i believe) and the trim is gonna be black, i know i know but it actually calms all the colors down!! we are gonna attempt to paint wide stripes with a few different colors. gonna buy paint samples to do the stripes with which depends on where you go 5 to 15 dollars for the samples. and then all the accents will be polka dots like the rug pic frames and their bedding. they want a bunk bed so we are gonna buy a full over full (we have 2 extra full mattresses) and then when they are ready for their own room we can break it down and then they'll have reg full beds!! maddy the oldest picked out the wall colors but they actually look really good, we bought the colors a while back and had to stop working on it during the holidays UGH!
also if yall have a iphone dave ramsey has an app for your phone, its pretty cool!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.