I hate you hsbc! We are done, done, done, done!!!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
USAA handles depositing paper checks through their site and mobile app. Essentially all you do is take a picture of the front and back of the check and enter the amount and submit. The only time you have to go to a UPS like I described above is when the check is for more than $10K.

If you are referring to regular personal checks to write out, you get those too.

If you need to take out more than you daily maximum amount then you just give a quick call and tell them you need to take out X amount and they give you the option to take it out from a local bank or an ATM

Here is a screen shot of the mobile app check deposit

pyqatevy.jpg

I've banked with 4 other banks and this is by far the best bank solely for their responsiveness and ease of use. They also always notify you when there is a problem with you account or anything fishy happening. USAA is a normal bank just mainly mobile so you don't need to deal with tellers or physically going to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was referring to personal or bank checks (paper). Do you get both, electronic and paper checks?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Yup we get them all :) just like a normal bank. It actually took me a few years before I "ordered" the paper checks because I rarely use them. they send you a stack of them just like any other bank would. By order I mean that you send in a request for the checks online and you get the checks in a couple of days.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Great, thanks for the info. It's good to have another option. Especially one with positive reviews.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene and @nubonics Thanks for the recommendation. Thing is, we need a branch close by for those times when we paper checks are required, plus nationwide ATM's at least.

You can use ANY ATM machine, they refund any fees from other banks… I know we deposit our checks by using a phone app. It's super simple, easy, and instant ;) Not sure about the amount issue though...

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Anytime and good luck with your bank search! :)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You can use ANY ATM machine, they refund any fees from other banks… I know we deposit our checks by using a phone app. It's super simple, easy, and instant ;) Not sure about the amount issue though...
@nubonics I just realized you had posted a snapshot… LOL

I would like to add that my hubby travels all over the world, and one time USAA called (woke us up) to see if the hubby was in Pakistan?!! Someone had used our debit card there, and they wanted to make sure he wasn't abroad. They had already suspended use on our card, refunded the money and had a new card on the way. You can also notify them if you are out of country so they can freeze or keep alert on all your accounts. We've had some weird issues because of the hubby's traveling, and I can say is they have been fantastic :yes:

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] no worries!! I snuck the pic in there.

The amount issues is a rare occurrence but they do have an deposit limit with the mobile app. We had two options either to mail the check to USAA or go to UPS to deposit it. There was no way I was mailing the check lol but it was weird because it seems like UPS used the same method we do to deposit checks but they were granted an unlimited deposit amount. I only needed to do it once after we sold our Datsun

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene no worries!! I snuck the pic in there.

The amount issues is a rare occurrence but they do have an deposit limit with the mobile app. We had two options either to mail the check to USAA or go to UPS to deposit it. There was no way I was mailing the check lol but it was weird because it seems like UPS used the same method we do to deposit checks but they were granted an unlimited deposit amount. I only needed to do it once after we sold our Datsun

The only thing that sucks about them is they do NOT offer business accounts anymore. My hubby is an IC, so he had to get a business account here locally...

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
One other question and [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

This would be used primarily for paying bills (only need a checking account). The way we do it currently is, log into our Chase/Citi accounts and just transfer funds to our HSBC account. Then use HSBC's electronic checking to pay the bills.
It's like a wire transfer but we don't get charged, very convenient.
Any idea if we can do this with USAA?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Yes they have a bill paying option at USAA which is free. I haven't used it before but my husband has and never complained.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
The only thing that sucks about them is they do NOT offer business accounts anymore. My hubby is an IC, so he had to get a business account here locally...

I wonder what my husband did because he has a Small business. We don't have a joint bank account so I usually never keep up with his finances lol. We never argue about money or the amount of shoes I have lol

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One other question and @nubonics and @ddnene

This would be used primarily for paying bills (only need a checking account). The way we do it currently is, log into our Chase/Citi accounts and just transfer funds to our HSBC account. Then use HSBC's electronic checking to pay the bills.
It's like a wire transfer but we don't get charged, very convenient.
Any idea if we can do this with USAA?

I wire transfer money from the hubby's business account to USAA occasionally… I also use USAA electronic checking to pay my bills every month. Very convenient…
They don't charge us a fee, but I'm honestly not sure if there is a limit?!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I wire transfer money from the hubby's business account to USAA occasionally… I also use USAA electronic checking to pay my bills every month. Very convenient…
They don't charge us a fee, but I'm honestly not sure if there is a limit?!!

Thank you!!! They're a good option.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wonder what my husband did because he has a Small business. We don't have a joint bank account so I usually never keep up with his finances lol. We never argue about money or the amount of shoes I have lol

When I worked, me & the hubby had separate accounts… it was just easier!!! I know that USAA used to do business accounts, but they just stopped recently...

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Another happy USAA customer here. I use them for all kinds of stuff. Needed a replacement credit card last week so I called them and my new card was ordered in less than 5 mins. Very good customer service. I dont bank with them but wouldnt hesitate.

Most Reactions