I hate you hsbc! We are done, done, done, done!!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Before I burst anymore blood cells in my brain- I'm gonna vent. :censored:

1. Opened account and they got my name wrong. Instead of hyphenating, they completely ignored my maiden name. Took a year to fix it and I had to show them a copy of my marriage certificate even though
the account was joint, and was opened AFTER we got married.

2. Lost my atm card. Called them up and after listening to every department read me their script, I finally go through to someone who understood I just wanted a replacement card. One hour and a headache later, I got them to send it to me.

3. Went to my local branch to get a check for the additional deposit on our lease renewal. We have electronic checking and our management company insists on a paper check for this. Normally, I get it through my personal account at Chase. But since I was in the area, went to HSBC.
They wouldn't give me a check. Said something about fraud being committed in the area and how I needed to go to their midtown branch to get it. WHAT??!! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME??!! THIS IS MY ACCOUNT. But no, they wouldn't do it.

4. I needed to make a cash deposit. Went yet again to my local HSBC. Made the deposit, got the receipt. This was on a Friday.
On Monday I check the account. Guess what? No record at all of my deposit. I call the bank to ask why my cash deposit isn't showing up. I was told because "You never made a deposit". I went nuts. They put me on hold, and contacted the manager at that branch.
She then made me come in, show her the receipt, made a copy and asked me which teller I saw the previous Friday. Really? Like I remember? Doesn't my damn receipt show who it was? Apparently they don't! They only show a number, and at this branch, they don't seem to keep clear records of what teller is working at what window at what days. What a mess!!
(Yes, I got my money at the end of it, but man- what a pain).

Then today tops it off!

I call, and they still don't have any voice activated features. So I have to go through their automated bullcrap that tells you what the choices are etc.
Well guess what?? I'm hitting the number for the department I need but their system isn't registering it. It just keeps going through their menu over and over again.
So I try another phone, same thing. Then I try my cell phone, same thing. Finally I connect our emergency phone (it's not a cordless) and try that. Still no go.
I'm outta phones, options and still don't have a PIN for my atm card.

So I call my hubs, his voicemail comes on and I scream how through I am so through with HSBC!! We should have switched banks years ago! Only reason we haven't is because that account is strictly for paying bills. So all we do is make electronic deposits into it from Chase of Citibank once a month. We never have to deal with them. The few times we do, the above crap happens. Man, this piece of **** bank is gonna give me a heart attack. :cursing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sure is.... My sister was with them for a few years and it was nothing but run arounds, lies, headaches and fees

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Horrible bank, used to have an account there but the NON customer service made me shut it down. Make you feel like a guppy in a giant ocean which is so so so wrong in 2014.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, i dont have any experience with this bank, but it sounds so frustrating, and based on the others reviews, it doesn't sound like a dry food bank to deal with, and bad customer service.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds like the vast majority of bank nowadays. I refuse to use Chase as we had and accout and eventually closed it because they just irritated us with nickle and dime crap. We didn't use the accout for 90 days to make sure all checks cleared which they did and then we went in a closed the account. 9 months after the account was closed we get a notice from them that we have over draft fees that need to be paid as there weren't enough funds to cover a check that had come in BEFORE we closed the account. Funny thing is we had a copy of the cancelled check to prove it had cleared and they still didn't believe us and they attempted to put a lien on my house for non payment. We had to turn it over to our lawyer and let him have fun with it. Once the lawyer got involved Chase quickly admitted the error and I k ow it cost them a lot more than the $50 that the check was written for so I felt good about that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yeah, every bank has issues. Lucky for me and Chris we've never had them with Chase or Citibank. And considering we barely deal with HSBC, the amount of things gone wrong isn't acceptable.

We decided we're closing our account and going with Bank of America. I can't imagine it being worse.

B

Baxter Tiberius

This is why I am slowly migrating to Bitcoin, and away from the Banking System.

PS: Don't go near Bank of America. Even worse (just my experience). Im somewhat happy with CHASE for now.

But I prefer to be my own bank, and Bitcoin enables me to do that. No more bank fees. Instant transfers anywhere in the world with no waiting and nearly zero fees. As a merchant I have zero merchant fees and no risks of chargebacks. The list goes on and on.

-B-

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
This is why I am slowly migrating to Bitcoin, and away from the Banking System.

PS: Don't go near Bank of America. Even worse (just my experience). Im somewhat happy with CHASE for now.

But I prefer to be my own bank, and Bitcoin enables me to do that. No more bank fees. Instant transfers anywhere in the world with no waiting and nearly zero fees. As a merchant I have zero merchant fees and no risks of chargebacks. The list goes on and on.

-B-

I have thought about switch some stuff to Bitcoin but have had reservations. Aren't you worried about another Mt. Gox scenario happening and then your are out both cash and bitcoin?

B

Baxter Tiberius

I have thought about switch some stuff to Bitcoin but have had reservations. Aren't you worried about another Mt. Gox scenario happening and then your are out both cash and bitcoin?

Keep in mind that MtGox was a 3rd party service, just providing bitcoin related services to people who signed up. There is absolutely no reason why you would have to sign up with such a service and keep your coins on their system. That's the whole point of Bitcoin. Bitcoin enables you to be your own bank. So you control your own money, for the first time in human history. No 3rd party can tell you what to do with it, and what not to do with it. Its the first true financial system without the need for a trusted 3rd party like a bank, or a government.

The people who lost money with MtGox did so because they left their Bitcoins in the hands of that 3rd party. That isn't a prerequisite of Bitcoin. To keep your coins with a company like that. Bitcoin 101 says you should never leave your coins online. At least not at this stage in Bitcoins life cycle. They should have pulled their balances offline to a local wallet. That's the "right" way to "do Bitcoin". But nearly all of them were trying to play the system. MtGox had higher prices than other exchanges. So these folks were doing "arbitrage". Buying cheap on other exchanges, then transfering to Gox and selling the coin for $100 more. They were trying to play the system. And they got burned.

MtGox had over 2 years of bad reputation, including the loss and seizure of coins, hacking, etc. So in a sense, anyone who was stupid enough to use MtGox as their bitcoin exchange, was asking for trouble. Leaving coins on there was an even worse idea. Bitcoin can be pulled offline, even to paper wallets where it is 100% secure, and impervious to hacking, or the incompetence of a 3rd party service.

Most of the companies currently providing services are being run by amateurs. Still, you can safely use sites with good reputation, like Coinbase.com, buy your Bitcoins, and immediately transfer them to your local computer wallet. Or print a paper wallet. That is the process recommended by all the experts for the time being. Until the currency and its infrastructure has time to mature a bit. As time passes (likely by the end of 2014) the major players in wall street and banking will get involved, and will start to provide insured services and world class security, so all of this nonsense going on now will be a thing of the past.

But here's the kicker. By that time, the value of 1 Bitcoin very well may be through the roof. That's why early adopters who learn how to keep their coins offline, may very well reap the benefits of its appreciation, as adoption goes global. Its an inflationary currency. That means unlike the US Dollar, it doesn't get printed into oblivion, and its value doesn't decline over time. It increases.

Its a complicated but brilliant new technology, and I am looking forward to finally having 100% control over my own money for the first time in my life. I just got off a 30 minute call with CHASE this afternoon. They had shut down one of my business bank accounts without asking me first, or telling me why. It simply vaporized off my account. The balance was zero at the time, but it turns out, they were punishing me for having too many transfers in, and out of the account. Transfers I have every right to do. Its my own damn money?!? Apparently the Federal Government actually has a *law* that states you are only allowed to do 6 transfers a month in and out of a Business Savings Account. So "The Man" literally came in and shut down my bank account for having 7. I actually told the bank rep "This is why I am transitioning to Bitcoin. Nonsense like this. Why does the government care how many times I move my money around in my own accounts?"

Anyways, Coinbase.com is safe, reputable, and a great way to get started. If you need any help getting a wallet set up let me know.

-B-

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have used USAA for years… NEVER had an issue, and the funny part is they don't even have a branch where we live. We do EVERYTHING online or the automated system… of course we have had some minor issues, they were fixed immediately w/NO problems. I say it's HIGH time to change banks ;)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'm with [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] USAA is by far the best bank ever. I believe now they offer banking services to non-military affiliated families (they just don't offer auto insurance to non-military families). The only actual branch they have in the US is in Texas somewhere so everything is online and they reimburse ATM withdrawal fees because they don't have nationwide branches. The only issue I ever had with them (which really wasn't their fault) was when I had to deposit a really large check and I had to go to a UPS store to do so. Whatever system the UPS store was using was not working so it took my about 4 UPS stores before I found one whose system was working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] Thanks for the recommendation. Thing is, we need a branch close by for those times when we paper checks are required, plus nationwide ATM's at least.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Maybe you had all the problems with them, cause you didn't have a lot of business with them...maybe you should move all your money there....JUST KIDDING! That sounds amazing! How can they ever explain why that kind of things happen?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
USAA handles depositing paper checks through their site and mobile app. Essentially all you do is take a picture of the front and back of the check and enter the amount and submit. The only time you have to go to a UPS like I described above is when the check is for more than $10K.

If you are referring to regular personal checks to write out, you get those too.

If you need to take out more than you daily maximum amount then you just give a quick call and tell them you need to take out X amount and they give you the option to take it out from a local bank or an ATM

Here is a screen shot of the mobile app check deposit

pyqatevy.jpg

I've banked with 4 other banks and this is by far the best bank solely for their responsiveness and ease of use. They also always notify you when there is a problem with you account or anything fishy happening. USAA is a normal bank just mainly mobile so you don't need to deal with tellers or physically going to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] lol.. yah, we're moving all our account to them.. lol.. They'd probably lose all records of the accounts.
This is me after dealing with them --------------> :wallbang:

You know, we went with them because they're a worldwide bank. So back in the days before Blue, when we travelled outside of the US, it was nice using their ATM's and not paying fees. But my husband has Citibank which is also worldwide. Should the day ever come when we travel outside of the U.S together, we can always use his account.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.