Michael Vick now with the (NY) Jets...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm not a football fan (prefer soccer, blame my dad :tongue:) but I know many here are. So those of you in the NY Tri-State area (and elsewhere too) curious what your thoughts are?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm in So Cal where we don't have a football team but I'll throw in my opinon on this one...it's disgusting that a man who tortured and killed dogs, and watched as this was all going on with satisfaction, is given a contract to play for the Jets. I believe in second chances to some degree. In Vick's case however, a second chance wouldn't apply and that's my opinion.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]. I agree with you. In fact, any person that has hurt a child or animal becomes pond scum to me. I don't give second chances for crimes like that.

So that's the thing- NY'rs adore their animals. I mean we're a crazy bunch. We don't keep them outdoors, we spoil them rotten and we take them with us whenever we can. We have dog walkers that come twice a day if we're at work, and doggie day care's a huge business here. For those times we're forced to travel without our beloved pets, there's a ton of doggie motels here that offer private rooms, with gourmet dinners for your pup. Yeah, I'm not kidding.

With all that said, I'm wondering why there hasn't been an uproar here. Almost feels like everyone's being very quiet about it. I just don't understand?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@blueberry'smom, it does seem rather "hush hush", doesn't it?! Were a lot of New Yorker's unaware that he was even considered for the team? In any case, it's $$ that talks in the NFL, nothing to do with morals, or what's right/wrong. It's sad.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm in So Cal where we don't have a football team but I'll throw in my opinon on this one...it's disgusting that a man who tortured and killed dogs, and watched as this was all going on with satisfaction, is given a contract to play for the Jets. I believe in second chances to some degree. In Vick's case however, a second chance wouldn't apply and that's my opinion.

Completely agree. The whole thing sickens me.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep, very hush hush. I wasn't even aware of it until my husband told me today. And mind you, I have the news on 24/7 and don't remember them ever mentioning it. I'm sure they did, but it was probably in passing.. like very nonchalant.
My husband only found out because a colleague mentioned it to him this morning.

I'm not sure if they were unaware? I don't really keep up with football. Even so, something like this should have been a huge thing here. Big enough that people like me should have heard about it, but we didn't.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well I am a NY'r and I can tell you I will never watch a Jets game again either home or away. I think it is disgusting that he is not rotting in jail let alone that he is allowed to earn his salary. THE ONLY way he should be allowed to play is that he makes a minimal amount allowing him to live and the rest of his salary is donated to Pit Bull rescues. In my opinion Mr. Vick is the worse form of human life. I watch the news at 7am, 5pm, and again at 11pm and I never heard a word of this EVER!!! I think we should be outside of Hofstra where the Jets train and protest this disgusting person.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I stopped eating subway and buying nikes because of him. And my bf and I ate subway at least twice a week, and most of my runners were nike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Well I am a NY'r and I can tell you I will never watch a Jets game again either home or away. I think it is disgusting that he is not rotting in jail let alone that he is allowed to earn his salary. THE ONLY way he should be allowed to play is that he makes a minimal amount allowing him to live and the rest of his salary is donated to Pit Bull rescues. In my opinion Mr. Vick is the worse form of human life. I watch the news at 7am, 5pm, and again at 11pm and I never heard a word of this EVER!!! I think we should be outside of Hofstra where the Jets train and protest this disgusting person.

SEE!! You haven't heard about it either. Man, they really are keeping quiet with all of it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
SEE!! You haven't heard about it either. Man, they really are keeping quiet with all of it.

I did not hear a word. I found out when [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] posted something on facebook just the other day.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
ugh...i dont even know where to begin..As a lifelong NY Jet fan I am sickened by this. I have stuck by this losing team for longer than i care to remember...I have raised my three sons to be die hard fans also..they have disappointed us year after year but we always come back for more punishment. The signing of this low-life baffles me. They try to spin it and say hes reformed and hes an advocate of the humane treatment of animals now..what a load of bull..the man is only sayingand doing whatever he can to get his career back and make his millions again..The things he did to these poor dogs is beyond comprehension..brutal chokings and drownings.So i guess this fall i wont be placing friendly wagers with [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION]...ill be apple picking with the wife (jeez just shoot me now!) [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] the jets no longer train at Hofstra..if they di id be protesting right along with the rest of the animal rights advocates. It was a sad day indeed in my household the day the NY Jets signed this poor excuse for a human being. Even Chum is pissed! vick1.jpgvick2.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am very proud of Chumley-though he does look quite handsome in his Jets shirt!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think they know signing him was the wrong thing to do so they're just keeping quiet about it. They're not gonna give it too much publicity for fear of a backlash.
It's disgusting actually.

I'm slowly starting to lose respect for mankind..

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] LOL! He looks really upset in that first pic. Poor Chum and poor you, this just sucks. I thought for sure he would just retire and fade away.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bottom line is, Vick is a POS and I'm still reeling about the Humane Society of the United States having a convicted dog killer/torturer as their spokesperson!!!!!!!!! I have no clue what kind of mushrooms the Pres of HSUS was eating when he made that decision but really folks, to quote someone else, are we going to have OJ Simpson as our spokesperson against domestic violence next?!

:hellno:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.