brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm...maybe it's time for some letter writing.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'll let Chumley's face in that pic speak for me, just incredibly sad at the bad
and wrong choices our present society continues to make. The Amish have a
very effective practice they use against those in their community who break
their scared laws. It's called shunning and Micheal Vick is one person who I
believe deserves this cruel punishment and for life.

May GOD forgive him, I cannot.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are talking the NFL here.... big money and more criminals and POS than great role models. They continue to support and pay men that have beaten, killed and stole so why are you surprised that they continue to support an animal abuser. It is one reason I do not watch pro-sports at all...... Just like politicians, they care for nothing more than their own pockets,

oh, and will lie, steal, cheat and cover for each other to say they are not scum. :)

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are talking the NFL here.... big money and more criminals and POS than great role models. They continue to support and pay men that have beaten, killed and stole so why are you surprised that they continue to support an animal abuser. It is one reason I do not watch pro-sports at all...... Just like politicians, they care for nothing more than their own pockets,

oh, and will lie, steal, cheat and cover for each other to say they are not scum.

So very true and great points, Christine. I too, have lost my joy in Pro Sports and
rarely watch thru out the year except Super Bowl. I grew up playing every sport
and was talented...loved sports and loved competition, loved pushing myself to my
limits and loved excelling at what I tried...sheer & pure JOY. Watching sports in those
days, you could tell it was the same feelings and the same motivations in those super
athletes. They did it for their own JOY and for the love of the game, heck, I believe
they would have played for free!

Once politics, obscene salaries and corporations took over, it all changed and now,
pride, morals and personal responsibility are gone. In their place are thugs, criminals
and little boys in big bodies, worshiped as heroes but truly, just low life scum. I don't
even know most of their names, who they play for or watch it anymore. I think many
of us lost our love for the sports we knew and the men that played them when the truth
about Micheal Vick's dog abuse came out and he was sentenced to so little time then put
back on the hero pedestal and so many actually worshiped this POS again.

Just shocking, disgusting and horrifying~so much was lost, I don't think, to be regained again.
again

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It was all over the news here by me in Texas. I was actually going to watch the Jets this year as a good friend of mine was just hired as one of their coaches but now that Vick is there I most likely won't watch now and that is a shame. I really want to support my friend but I can't because of Vick so I am a bit torn.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Michael Vick is a vile and disgusting human being. He has no empathy or compassion and in my opinion is evil. He should never be allowed to be a football hero or role model for anyone. This tells our children that it is OK to be emotionally bankrupt and that in our society, a persons strengths are no longer measured by their character or moral compass. It says that it is quite alright to be a psychopath as long as you can make money for a big corporation. I hate Michael Vick.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Michael Vick is a vile and disgusting human being. He has no empathy or compassion and in my opinion is evil. He should never be allowed to be a football hero or role model for anyone. This tells our children that it is OK to be emotionally bankrupt and that in our society, a persons strengths are no longer measured by their character or moral compass. It says that it is quite alright to be a psychopath as long as you can make money for a big corporation. I hate Michael Vick.

Good words and I agree.

When a man can personally murder, in the most hands on way (bashing a dog's brains out)
and other deeply personal ways, that is an evil in the soul that can't be changed, only by GOD's
Mercy & Grace bestowed...but then we would see a truly repentant Vick before us and know it.

These things we are allowing even worshiping in the public arena are taking us down.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It was all over the news here by me in Texas. I was actually going to watch the Jets this year as a good friend of mine was just hired as one of their coaches but now that Vick is there I most likely won't watch now and that is a shame. I really want to support my friend but I can't because of Vick so I am a bit torn.

A hard place to be, Todd and I feel for you, Hun.

I've been a fan of the Jets since Joe Namath lead them and even before
but...can't do it now and won't be. It'll be interesting to see how signing
Vick will or won't be supported by their fans, very interesting indeed.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
maybe we should send our opinions to the management...i dunno if it would do any good but they should atleast hear our voices.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.