Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yikes, I'm freaking out, my sons King Snake Elvis is missing. Meeko our cat has just started a new habit of sleeping in the laundry room on top of my sons snake aquarium. It has a screen that locks on top, and a warming light, so I think she likes to sleep near the warmth. I said to my son yesterday, I hope she doesn't fall through the screen and break it, and let the snake out. He keeps moving her, but she goes back when no one is looking. Today we had to go out to Doctors appointment, and then my son got a haircut, and we went out for lunch, so we were gone for a few hours. When we came home, my son went downstairs to put in a load of laundry, and he saw that the screen had fallen into the glass aquarium, and the screen had been pulled off the frame, he looked in the tank, and Elvis was gone. We checked everywhere,behind the washer and dryer, under the furnace, behind the shelves, under the utility shelf, and we moved the boxes, but didn't see any sign of the snake. We checked Meeko for any signs of blood, or bites, but nothing. We don't know if Meeko fell in the tank, got scared or spooked and took off, and then Elvis may have climbed out of the tank and slithered off somewhere and is hiding, or if Meeko grabbed the snake and bit it, and it slinked off somewhere and it's injured, or if God forbid she grabbed the snake played with it and then ate it. I checked on Google to see if cats could actually eat a snake and apparently they can. They also can climb stairs, which is my greatest fear. I'm not going to be able to sleep until I know the snake is found, or if I see remnants of it in the kitty litter, it said on the Internet to look for pieces in the poop in the kitty litter. Ugh I hate snakes and I'm not going to rest or be happy until I know it's not somewhere in my house, or crawling up my vents, or in my bed. I am totally freaked out. HELP

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh that sucks. I hope you find it soon. Several years ago we were dead asleep and in the middle of the night we heard our cats going crazy at the foot of our bed. I get up and turn on the light only to gof wtf. Somehow a baby cotton mouth had got not only in our house but made its way to our beedroon sight unseen for the kitties to play with. Needless to say my wife wasn't very happy about it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't blame her. Snakes and spiders, but especially snakes freak me out. This snake is/was my sons pet. He's pretty upset right now. He's ready to string up the cat. Lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't blame her. Snakes and spiders, but especially snakes freak me out. This snake is/was my sons pet. He's pretty upset right now. He's ready to string up the cat. Lol

YIKES!! Did you find Elvis?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No Elvis, is still MIA. We're thinking Meeko may have eaten him. I read on line that cats will first play with a snake because they move slowly, and then they will throw them around or eat them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bummer, I hope you find Elvis soon. How big was he? I would think if he was at least two feet long then the cat would not be able to eat all of it, or if he did would have a stuffed belly that you could feel.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Elvis was about 3 feet long, I thought the same thing, and looked for blood on her fur, she white and light grey, but didn't find any signs of blood on her or in the laundry room. But if she bit the snake, he might be hurt and hiding somewhere and could die. I guess if we start smelling a funky smell we'll know if he died. Ugh.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, the only GOOD news is that it is not a python..................and check your shoes before you put them on.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Found Elvis yet or parts of him in the litter box? :D

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
OMG! :eek: I'd be staying in a hotel! My son always knew that there were no snakes to be kept as pets in our house! When we lived in Texarkana, my husband found a total of 4 in my living room. That house would have been sold immediately if I had known!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG..... :faint:

Any status on Elvis?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I KNEW Elvis didn't REALLY die!:ROFL:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No guys, still no sign of Elvis the snake. No sign of it in the kitty litter, I don't think she ate it anymore. I think the cat fell through the screen, spooked herself and took off, and the snake make his escape. He's probably slithered off somewhere and is hiding, he could be in the drywall for all we know. The basement was just finished when we bought the house, and the laundry room, was drywalled, but no trim on the floor so there are gaps, he could have crawled into. With any luck he crawled up to my nasty neighbours house upstairs. Lol. I just wish I knew if he was in the house, and where, so I don't have to look in every corner, and wonder if he's lying in my clothes or towel closets, or ugh in my bed. I'll feel better when we find him dead or alive.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm being swallowed by a Boa Constrictor-Oh no, he's up to my toe, oh gee, he's up to my knee, oh heck he's up to my neck, oh...
:sos:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online