Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh so glad to be be reading this, and I'm glad you are okay. I'm so relieved it wasn't a heart attack, and they figured out what was causing your symptoms. I'm glad you didn't wait, and went to the ER to be checked out, always best to be safe than sorry. I'm glad Sebastien was okay while you were away, and you are back home. I was so worried something had happened to you, since we didn't hear anything. Take care my EBN friend,

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
I almost had a heart attack after reading your first thread, as a RN. Low potassium is extremely dangerous since it does affect your heart muscles (and every other muscle). It is part of the electrolytes that contracts/relaxes your heart. Do they know what caused your lo potassium? I am so glad you are doing fine now!!

Thanks for informing us about the potassium relationship to heart function. I though it was related, but wasn't sure how.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I almost had a heart attack after reading your first thread, as a RN. Low potassium is extremely dangerous since it does affect your heart muscles (and every other muscle). It is part of the electrolytes that contracts/relaxes your heart. Do they know what caused your lo potassium? I am so glad you are doing fine now!!

My blood pressure meds they are a diuretic sooooo that must be it I am gonna eat more potassium :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
My blood pressure meds they are a diuretic sooooo that must be it I am gonna eat more potassium :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are potassium sparing diuretics

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad you are ok. We were all worried about you. I am also Glad that your Precious Bully was ok also. Love to both of you. Susan Moore

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.